Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Big Green Pool

Options
Rocket15
Rocket15 Posts: 42
edited May 2012 in EggHead Forum

I opened my pool yesterday and the color matched that of my Big Green Egg! 

Green looks good on my Egg but it doesn't look good in my pool.image

Comments

• Smoker_Guru
    Smoker_Guru Posts: 372
    Options
    Wow! That's going to take some work...
  • Logger
    Logger Posts: 309
    Options
    Mine was the same way but, after I sucked all of the gunk off of the bottom and ran the pump for 3 days (I use the socks in the skimmer baskets) it finally started looking like a pool.  Then, I used a product to clear up the water and Phos Free to kill the phosphates (that's what algae thrives on) and shocked the p*** out it. Things are much better now.
    OKC area  XL - Medium Eggs
  • Rocket15
    Rocket15 Posts: 42
    Options
    I "Bombed" mine (Green Out and 5lbs of chlorine shock) and now it isn't green anymore, just so cloudy I can't see the bottom.  So, I "blind" vacuumed and clogged my filter.  I just put in the Phos Free, it works great.  I hope it clears up soon, the only green I want to see is on my egg.
  • FlyingTivo
    FlyingTivo Posts: 352
    Options
    Just to rub it in!!

Its a Saltwater system!

Felipe

Men, easier fed than understood!!
  • eggo
    eggo Posts: 492
    Options
    Salt water for sure, only way to go. Has saved me lots of money for 5 years now.  I still want to fill it in and plant grass. Wife won't have any of that.
    Eggo in N. MS
  • SteveWPBFL
    SteveWPBFL Posts: 1,327
    Options
    Wouldn't it actually be easier and cheaper to just change out the water?
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    Just waiting for the water to get over the skimmer in mine so I can get the pump going. It's about the same colour as Rocket's.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• 2spicy
    2spicy Posts: 18
    Options
    Looks a bit more like the famous Primo Oval, LOL
  • spotco2
    spotco2 Posts: 61
    Options
    Wouldn't it actually be easier and cheaper to just change out the water?
    Sometimes, yes it is easier and cheaper to just change the water.

But, pools are like everything else. Guy's think that they are smarter than the said object and that they can beat it...no matter what.

It's just like making a perfect BBQ Sauce, mine is better than yours and yours is better than his.

Pool boys think that they can always "fix" the water if they just add a little more of this, and then a little of that.

I've got saltwater and fired the pool boy :)
  • MGOBlue
    MGOBlue Posts: 12
    Options
    Mine was the same way!   I let the robot go for a few days and backwash a few times.  Its in good shape now! 
  • boatbum
    boatbum Posts: 1,273
    Options

thats the nice thing about texas - never winterize, never cover.   Stays ready year around.

Just gotta be mindful whether the water is warm enough to jump in.

Cookin in Texas
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options

thats the nice thing about texas - never winterize, never cover.   Stays ready year around.

correct. Been swimming for over a month already

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • boatbum
    Options

Did you heat?   We are couple of hundreds miles north - have not heated.   Been in for about two weeks, but really cooled off this week with the low temps we have had.

Cookin in Texas
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options

Did you heat?   We are couple of hundreds miles north - have not heated.   Been in for about two weeks, but really cooled off this week with the low temps we have had.

Nope. I've never turned my heater on. We had such a hot early spring that it heated it up. It has cooled off quite a but down here too but the water is still OK. haven't been in since we've had all this rain in the last week or so. Might be a little chilly
  • boatbum
    Options

At least the pool has water - more than we can say for the Lake the last couple of years.

Talked a friend that has a lake house, they are really frustrated, just mowing the grass, but no water behind them.

Cookin in Texas
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options

At least the pool has water - more than we can say for the Lake the last couple of years.

Talked a friend that has a lake house, they are really frustrated, just mowing the grass, but no water behind them.

Yep. It's been really bad for a couple of years. We are creeping back up but still 30 feet low.

• boatbum
    Options

yeah, I am there at the end of the week with work, trying to carve off some time to look at a boat out there.   Not sure if I will be able to or not.

Cookin in Texas
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Where is the boat?