Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My SBGE Weekend Adventure

cazzy
cazzy Posts: 9,136
edited May 2012 in EggHead Forum
Since we couldn't make the Athen's Eggfest :(, we opted to go to the lake house for the weekend.  I decided to take my small egg and it ended up being a great weekend of food and barbecuing.  

Saturday Lunch - Burgers (no pics of burgers, sorry) and Ribs 

I also didn't take pics of dinner, but that's more because it was just split chicken breasts and sausage.

Sunday Lunch - 2 Tri-Tips (one w/ Red Eye Express and one with Cow Lick) and Flap Steak (fail again, no pic of my sweet and spicy meat candy)

Top cooked medium-rare to medium and bottom cooked medium to medium-well (for the mother in law).

Sunday snack - Grilled Shrimp

It was fun, especially learning how much food I could turn over on my small egg. :D
Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....

Comments

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674

Looks like your house was the place to be. Very nice cook.

Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• NightwingXP
    NightwingXP Posts: 448
    Wow did those ribs actually fit in there? Good stuff cazzy!!
    Only 3 things in life matter. Family, Steelers and my BGE!!
  • cazzy
    Wow did those ribs actually fit in there? Good stuff cazzy!!
    Yeah they came out great too! :)  I had to get the burgers on so I layered on the Bone Suckin' Sauce in the oven.
  • R2Egg2Q
    R2Egg2Q Posts: 2,136
    Looks like you had a great weekend! Thanks for posting the picture with the ribs. I've always wondered how many ribs a Small could hold but have always opted to cook them on my XL.
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs, Shirley Fabrication 24x36 Patio, Humphrey's Weekender, Karubecue C-60, MAK 1-Star General, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Santa Maria Grill, Webers: 14" WSM, 22.5" OTG, 22.5" Kettle Premium, WGA Charcoal, Summit S-620 NG

Bay Area, CA
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    Great looking grub, Caz.  I'm thawing wings. Tomorrow, I'll start the marinate for your Teriyaki Ginger Wings you made in Salado.  :)

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    Great looking grub, Caz.  I'm thawing wings. Tomorrow, I'll start the marinate for your Teriyaki Ginger Wings you made in Salado.  :)
    What time should the wife and I be there?
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    6 pm.  And if your wife pops, my wife is a Nurse Practitioner with years of OB experience. Maybe I should go to Spec's and get another 1/2 gallon of Cayman's Reef Barbados Rum. 

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• lemonade
    lemonade Posts: 93
    I'm impressed Caz, given all the tailgating room you have vs Lambeau LOL...seriously though,  How well does the small travel?  I have an LBGE  (less than a week) but really want to have the eggsperience when I go camp or to the cabin, etc.  Thought about a mini, but that just looks so small.  Would love something that I can maneuver in and out of the car, and down a flight of steps.  Your pics give me hope that you can get enough food done on a small to make it worth the effort. 
    Is it done yet? Is it done yet?
  • cazzy
    @lemonade The small travels well IMO as it essentially took one seat in my civic. Put it sideways and hooked the seatbelt on the hinge. I pulled it out of my table, and carried it by myself to the car (opened the doors before hand of course) without taking out the innards (that will drop 10-15 lbs if you did). Sure, it's not a mini, but I cooked 4 meals for 10 people so no complaints here. Plus, it nicely compliments my large. Searing on on the small at stock height is almost the same results I get searing with the spider on my large. I picked up my unused demo small at the Salado Fest and I don't regret it one bit.
  • That Tri Tip looks great, I wish we could get it here in SD.  They just grind it up here. Bummer! :(