Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pastrami on the Small

Options
R2Egg2Q
R2Egg2Q Posts: 2,136
edited May 2012 in EggHead Forum

I cooked up Thirdeye's wet pastrami(method #2 - http://playingwithfireandsmoke.blogspot.com/1996/05/beef-pastrami.html) last night on the Small Egg. 

I had a 2 1/2 lb corned beef brisket point that I soaked with some potatoes for 52 hours in water that was changed every 12 hrs. It was rubbed with Thirdeye's rub recipe and allowed to sit in the refrigerator for a day.

I had really wanted to try to cook it on the Mini Egg but my wife had some turkey meatloaf that she wanted me to cook as well so onto the Small they went:

The meatloaf came out fine:

But the star of the show was the pastrami! Here it is when I foiled it at an IT of 152:

It probed really tender at 193 and after the rest it sliced up really moist & tender:

It was delicious!  Thanks Thirdeye!!

XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs, Shirley Fabrication 24x36 Patio, Humphrey's Weekender, Karubecue C-60, MAK 1-Star General, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Santa Maria Grill, Webers: 14" WSM, 22.5" OTG, 22.5" Kettle Premium, WGA Charcoal, Summit S-620 NG

Bay Area, CA

Comments