Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What are your obsessions besides grilling?

FanOfFanboys
FanOfFanboys Posts: 2,615
edited May 2012 in EggHead Forum
I'm into Wranglers, fishing/whitetail hunting, and MMA. On forums for Wranglers and MMA.

You?
Boom

Comments

• lwrehm
    lwrehm Posts: 381
    International Harvester Cub Cadet garden tractors, 4 Cub Cadets and 2 Big Green Eggs.
  • Guitar & Drums: Martin Custom Acoustic, Fender Strat. Roland V-Drums
    Adult Bevs: Pappy Van Winkle Bourbon, Tito's Vodka, too many beers to list
    Boating: 36 Ft. Mainship Double Cabin (see drink list above)^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Oh yeah....and my wife.........love you honey :)..... awkward..........

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • brianwdmn
    brianwdmn Posts: 371
    Photography, Nikon, and woodworking. John Deere lawn tractors.
    Marietta, East Cobb, GA
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Knew I liked you CT. I had a 42 carver aft but lost it causa that little divorce thing. I so want a trawler

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• stevesails
    stevesails Posts: 990
    Sailing. Photography. Nikon. Photoshop elements.
    XL   Walled Lake, MI

• troutgeek
    troutgeek Posts: 458
    Fly fishing, pheasant hunting, and following my kids around with whatever they are doing (percussion/concerts and lacrosse games...).
    XL BGE - Large BGE - Small BGE - Traeger Lil' Tex Elite - Weber Smokey Joe
  • Knew I liked you CT. I had a 42 carver aft but lost it causa that little divorce thing. I so want a trawler
    That little divorce thing will thin out the toy closet in a hurry. Although there are some who would gladly trade it for peace and quiet :))

• Little Steven
    True nuff but I re-married @-)

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Duganboy
    Duganboy Posts: 1,118
    Golf, football. 
  • Fly fishing, pheasant hunting, and following my kids around with whatever they are doing (percussion/concerts and lacrosse games...).
    You live in a great spot for all that.

• Doc_Eggerton
    Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
    I could have given you 100 guesses and you would not have gotten it.

Oh, and BTW I could have gotten a few XLBGEs for what that sucker cost.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• Little Steven
    Dam Doc.. a squeezebox

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Hillbilly-Hightech
    Hillbilly-Hightech Posts: 966
    edited May 2012
    hobbies:  martial arts (have studied Krav Maga, JKD, escrima, Kajukenbo, TKD, Jujitsu), motorcycles (ie, my Harley), of course the Egg!!

interests:  traveling (example:  taking a road trip to the Pacific Northwest next month - Oregon, Washington, Vancouver), trying new restaurants, wood working (though not very good at it). 

professional interests:  mechanical drafting (ie, CAD), taking classes to stay relevant in that industry
    Don't get set into one form, adapt it and build your own, and let it grow, be like water. Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup... Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. - Bruce Lee
  • Doc_Eggerton
    This is mine, and that is the builder.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4IOTStb6eA

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• Northern1
    Northern1 Posts: 19
    Quading , shooting, looking for deals on lump
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,427
    Music freak.  I've played since 2nd grade, thru college jazz band (I was an engineering major), toured Europe, my last band played two shows for the 2002 Winter Olympics, and last year I paid $126 for a Surround-Sound copy of Roxy Music's Avalon.

I also enjoy tearing out the perforated cards inside magazines.  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• Doc_Eggerton
    Dam Doc.. a squeezebox
    Ah, hemmm, an Anglo Concertina.  I play every day, and do busking for craic (playing in public for fun).

• Northern1
    Northern1 Posts: 19
    Green egg grid lifter shocker!
  • Little Steven
    No offense Doc. I'm pretty much joking most of the time.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Doc_Eggerton
    No offense taken, that's what we call'em too :-)

• Little Steven
    Pretty much a cooking fan here. Music and fishing are good too.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    Golf, hunting, fishing guns and knives. I also like camping. (I'm an eagle scout)
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • FanOfFanboys
    @ Doc

You coulda given me 1,000 guesses and I wouldn't got it.
    Boom
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Golf, hunting, fishing guns and knives. I also like camping. (I'm an eagle scout)
    I am a firearms instructor, a Range Safety Officer, and a muzzle loading competitor with a few State titles, and I got to say I have never used a fishing gun.  I gotta get me one of those :-)

• FanOfFanboys
    hobbies:  martial arts (have studied Krav Maga, JKD, escrima, Kajukenbo, TKD, Jujitsu), motorcycles (ie, my Harley), of course the Egg!!

interests:  traveling (example:  taking a road trip to the Pacific Northwest next month - Oregon, Washington, Vancouver), trying new restaurants, wood working (though not very good at it). 

professional interests:  mechanical drafting (ie, CAD), taking classes to stay relevant in that industry
    I've done a little bjj. I wrestled through college and it was the next logical transition. I tried boxing but after a year I still can't throw a decent jab. Striking just not in my blood.

I love grappling and would love to do some catch wrestling.

Boom
  • FanOfFanboys

I want a Randall knife one day.
    Boom
  • Little Steven
    No offense taken, that's what we call'em too :-)
    I was sorta thinking of the Who song when I said that. Can you play that on a concertina?

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Doc_Eggerton
    I used to pass the Randall place on my daily commute, off of Orange Blossom Trail in Orlando.  OBT is a good place to have a big knife.

• I could have given you 100 guesses and you would not have gotten it.

Oh, and BTW I could have gotten a few XLBGEs for what that sucker cost.
    Nice Doc. I would expect nothing less than something eclectic out of you. Very cool
  • FanOfFanboys
    I used to pass the Randall place on my daily commute, off of Orange Blossom Trail in Orlando.  OBT is a good place to have a big knife.

I called back in Jan. if I ordered that month my knife would be ready August 2016!!

Not to mention the roughly $600 for the knife. And that's a cheap model. 5 inch for skinning deer and standard handle ha.
    Boom