Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

2012 James Beard Award for America's Classics

Options
R2Egg2Q
R2Egg2Q Posts: 2,136
edited May 2012 in Off Topic

Not Egg related but a nice story about a small BBQ joint winning a James Beard Award this year: http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=7407878n&tag=mncol%3Blst%3B1

Thought it was worth sharing.

XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs, Shirley Fabrication 24x36 Patio, Humphrey's Weekender, Karubecue C-60, MAK 1-Star General, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Santa Maria Grill, Webers: 14" WSM, 22.5" OTG, 22.5" Kettle Premium, WGA Charcoal, Summit S-620 NG

Bay Area, CA

Comments

• Egg Juju
    Egg Juju Posts: 658
    Options
    Great story... Simple Q made the old fashioned way just cant be beat! :)
    Large and Small BGE * www.quelfood.com
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Hey, thanks for sharing that story. Really cool.

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    I want to eat there

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • NightwingXP
    NightwingXP Posts: 448
    Options
    Fabulous story! Appreciate the link. Would love to eat there. Nice down to earth people. Have to appreciate that!
    Only 3 things in life matter. Family, Steelers and my BGE!!
  • R2Egg2Q
    R2Egg2Q Posts: 2,136
    Options
    I want to eat there

Fabulous story! Appreciate the link. Would love to eat there. Nice down to earth people. Have to appreciate that!
    I'd like to eat there as well!  Nice to see 3 generations & 100 years of dedication to the family BBQ recognized for their
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs, Shirley Fabrication 24x36 Patio, Humphrey's Weekender, Karubecue C-60, MAK 1-Star General, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Santa Maria Grill, Webers: 14" WSM, 22.5" OTG, 22.5" Kettle Premium, WGA Charcoal, Summit S-620 NG

Bay Area, CA