Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New Dizzy Pig Bombay Curry-ish rub....So freaking good

The Cen-Tex Smoker
The Cen-Tex Smoker Posts: 22,951
edited May 2012 in EggHead Forum
So our good Friend Mickey sent me his sample of the new DP Bombay Curry-ish rub after a brief chat that I told him that I loved Indian food and cooking. It arrived yesterday and after one taste,  TFJ and I made immediate plans to try it tonight. We both love Indian spices and we had to stop ourselves from eating it right out o the bag. Very high quality spices and the grind was absolutely perfect. The rub we were using had a courser grind which (although delicious) was a bit off putting and it was immediately obvious that this stuff was the real deal (for us anyway).

OK, enough fluff. Here is what we did:

Chicken Thighs (shocking, I know) dusted with Bombay Curry-ish rub. We then stuffed the thigh with Saag Paneer (saute'd spinach and un-aged yogurt/milk cheese with Indian spices) and a slice of jalapeno. We grilled the stuffed thighs on the egg then plated with Naan (bread), cardamom rice, and finished with Tikka Masala sauce. Full disclosure: we usually make all these ingredients, but tonight we bought them from our favorite Indian restaurant in Austin.

The meal was nothing short of amazing and the DP chicken was the star. My kids destroyed it and we all kept sneaking bites after the table was cleared. This is good stuff.

Thanks Mickey for making sure this rub found a good home. It is really good and I can't wait for it to be available at retail. Chris and the the peeps at DP stopped me from making rub 7 years ago and tonight was a perfect example of why.

Alright, enough of the love fest, here are the pics:

1- The rub
2- Saag Paneer in the bowl (so delicious)
3- Dp rubbed thigh with Saag stuffing
4- W/ Jalapeno (adult serving)
5- Rolled and stuffed
6- Naan on the griddle
7- Plated with Tikka Masala, Jalapeno, and Cilantro.........damn this was tasty

Every time I try to number my pics, they all get jumbled as I post. so....you may have to connect the dots. Either way, this is great stuff and the food was amazing

Enjoy...........Cen-Tex

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX

Comments