Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Cen-Tex was right

BigSteveBigSteve Posts: 52
edited May 2012 in EggHead Forum
I made stuffed chicken thighs stuffed with queso fresco, jalapeno, and chipotle spices. Wrapped in bacon held on with......................meat glue! Grilled at 400 indirect for 35-40 min, then direct until bacon looked crispier. Served with spanish rice. My wife loved it. Thanks for the idea and the meat glue was pretty cool.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Comments

• Dang that looks good! Glad you enjoyed it.  Looks like you used it for the greater good as well. Nice work.I'm about ready for some more fun with meat glue too. Thanks for the inspiration.

Keeping it Weird in the ATX
    2 Large BGE
    1 MiniMax BGE
    1 Karubecue C60 (aka-"The Dishwasher")
    More accessories than TFJ knows about and one more purchase from mandatory counciling
  • Did you just sprinkle it on or did you make the paste with water? I just used a salt shaker and shook it out on my last one. That worked pretty well.

2 Large BGE
    1 MiniMax BGE
    More accessories than TFJ knows about and one more purchase from mandatory counciling
  • BigSteveBigSteve Posts: 52
    Just sprinkled it on. It started to work quick.
  • Just sprinkled it on. It started to work quick.
    On my last cook, i used the "quick set" method. I put it in my Sous Vide at 130 degrees for 15 minutes. It was locked on there so tight you couldn't pull it off! So cool to be able set it so quickly. Hot tap water is about the temp so if you need to set it quickly, put it in ziplocks and submerge in hot tap water for 15 min or so.
    2 Large BGE
    1 MiniMax BGE