Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Advice on setup from a new egger

Options
ChulaVistaEgg
ChulaVistaEgg Posts: 4
edited May 2012 in EggHead Forum
I bought my egg a few weeks ago and have the xl platesetter on order- it's supposed to come this Friday.  I'm strongly considering buying something from the ceramic grill store- was thinking of getting the adjustable rig with the woo 2 combo, but the woo 2 is sold out.  Should I wait for it to come back in stock or get the rig/spider combo?  I'm planning to do quite a bit of slow cooking (which I do now with my Weber Smokey Mountain and my Orion cooker) and like the idea of the multiple levels.  I'm also curious about playing around with different cooking heights.  But, i'm very new to the egg- i've only made chicken, burgers and sausages on it so far.

Comments

• spotco2
    spotco2 Posts: 61
    Options
    I've got a large with the adjustable rig with the slide attachment and have really enjoyed it the few times that I have used it. We bought one of the combo's with the spider rig.

I have not played much with different heights of cooking but have used the multiple stacks of racks and everything still cooks evenly even when stacked.