Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

NecessaryIndulgences Stuffed Chicken Thigh Recipe is a WINNER!

tmackietmackie Posts: 67
edited April 2012 in EggHead Forum
Cooked her recipe tonight :

They were great! My family loved them and I highly recommend them! Cooked for about 40 minutes raised direct at 400*

About half way through the cook

the finished product

·

Comments

• NibbleMeThisNibbleMeThis Posts: 2,254
    Yeah, when I saw it this weekend it instantly went on my "must try sooner than the other 'try soon list' list".
    Knoxville, TN
    ·
  • travisstricktravisstrick Posts: 4,851
    Im at the store and have sun dried tomatoes in the cart. I think I'll do them tomorrow.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
    ·
  • Nice cook. I've done them twice and we didn't have any leftovers either time.

·
  • BrownieBrownie Posts: 1,023
    That looks fantastic! Very nice.
    ·
  • scaryangelscaryangel Posts: 134
    I can't wait to try it. =D>
    ·
  • Egg JujuEgg Juju Posts: 658
    That does look quite tasty and a nice variation on the stuffed thigh concept.  I would think the sweet of the tomatoes played nicely on the tang of the goat cheese.  Nice... that will be on my list.
    Large and Small BGE * www.quelfood.com
    ·
  • NecessaryIndulgNecessaryIndulg Posts: 1,138
    Holy smokes... those look fantastic!  :-bd
    I'm Kristi ~ Live in FL ~ BGE since 2003.
    I write about food & travel on Necessary Indulgences -
    You can find me on Facebook & Instagram, too! 
    ·
  • EggbertsdadEggbertsdad Posts: 794
    That does look quite tasty and a nice variation on the stuffed thigh concept.  I would think the sweet of the tomatoes played nicely on the tang of the goat cheese.  Nice... that will be on my list.
    It's a great combination. I did some a couple of weeks ago and used prosciutto, goat cheese, sage, and sun dried tomatoes. Very tasty.
    Sarasota, FL via Boynton Beach, FL, via Sarasota, FL, via Charleston, SC, via The Outer Banks, via God's Country (East TN on Ft. Loudon Lake)
    ·
  • NecessaryIndulgNecessaryIndulg Posts: 1,138
    I did a flatbread appetizer for a party over the weekend with gouda, prosciutto, red onion, and then drizzled with honey.  It was super! 

I'm going to try that combination with the chicken thighs -- maybe tonight!  I'll let you know if it works. 
    I'm Kristi ~ Live in FL ~ BGE since 2003.
    I write about food & travel on Necessary Indulgences -
    You can find me on Facebook & Instagram, too! 
    ·
  • EggbertsdadEggbertsdad Posts: 794
    How can it NOT be good? That sounds awesome!!!!!!  :)
    Sarasota, FL via Boynton Beach, FL, via Sarasota, FL, via Charleston, SC, via The Outer Banks, via God's Country (East TN on Ft. Loudon Lake)
    ·
  • NDGNDG Posts: 1,240
    How do you think feta would work as a substitute for goat cheese?
    Columbus, Ohio
    ·
  • I do them with feta all the time. It's great

·
  • NDGNDG Posts: 1,240
    ok, im going with feta bc my guest not a goat cheese fan. I just got my bacon order from Nueskes in, cant wait to try it. I got 3 packs (applewood, cherry, peppered) for me and gave the same combo to my mom for the strangest mothers day gift ever. It was $80 of bacon, hope Nueskes is worth it!
    Columbus, Ohio
    ·
  • travisstricktravisstrick Posts: 4,851
    ok, im going with feta bc my guest not a goat cheese fan. I just got my bacon order from Nueskes in, cant wait to try it. I got 3 packs (applewood, cherry, peppered) for me and gave the same combo to my mom for the strangest mothers day gift ever. It was $80 of bacon, hope Nueskes is worth it!
    I did Feta and goat cheese. I prefer the goat cheese. It has more tang and holds inside the ckn better. 
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
    ·
  • uncledaveuncledave Posts: 87
    I just cooked these tonight. Did just like you said. They were awesome. No pics but I know it happened.
    ·