Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Do briskets plateau like a butt?

Options
Hungry in Lilburn
Hungry in Lilburn Posts: 756
edited May 2012 in EggHead Forum
My brisket has been on for 20 hours now at 225. It hit 192 and now has dropped back to 189. I tested it with my thermapen and it is 189 over most of the meat. It is very tender except at one edge of the flat. I am using my DigiQ so my temp is staying consistent, even with the change in the weather. I am shooting for 205. My wife wants me to go shopping this am and I am worried that it will not hit 205 before she is ready to go. I will pull it and tin foil it, wrap it in a towel and put it in the cooler. I plan to eat it about 5 pm. Advice?

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,385
    Options
    You can bump the temp to push it along however, if it is "probe goes in and out like butter" in the thickest part of the flat then you are at the finish-line and can wrap in HDAF, towel and put in a cooler til ready to slice and eat.  Enjoy the shopping trip-more accessories for the BGE???
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Hungry in Lilburn
    Options
    Thanks! I pulled it, wrapped in foil, towel an in cooler. I want to eat it now!
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Should he perfect. It will rise up to 10'degrees in the first hour or 2 in the cooler so you are all set for an awesome dinner.
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX