Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope you all got to celebrate those tasty food holidays last week, we sure enjoyed them! We are even more excited about the beginning of fall, for so many reasons, but mainly for experiencing the cool, crisp air while being outside cooking up the best recipes the season has to offer. We especially love these Beer Pork Tenderloin and Ground Beef Acorn Squash recipes! Fall is upon us, and it's a great time for getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Do briskets plateau like a butt?

Hungry in LilburnHungry in Lilburn Posts: 756
edited May 2012 in EggHead Forum
My brisket has been on for 20 hours now at 225. It hit 192 and now has dropped back to 189. I tested it with my thermapen and it is 189 over most of the meat. It is very tender except at one edge of the flat. I am using my DigiQ so my temp is staying consistent, even with the change in the weather. I am shooting for 205. My wife wants me to go shopping this am and I am worried that it will not hit 205 before she is ready to go. I will pull it and tin foil it, wrap it in a towel and put it in the cooler. I plan to eat it about 5 pm. Advice?

Comments