Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Huntsville, AL Eggers?

AuburnTiger
AuburnTiger Posts: 38
edited May 2012 in EggHead Forum
Anyone on here from Huntsville? It's been awhile since i have logged on, in fact it's been about 3-4. Im trying to remember the handle's on here, I won use names on here but there is one I always talk to at Whistlestop with the BGE tent's this year.

Im trying to get back in the swing of things on here after this last competition on the Shadestree side which I finally placed, 2nd in chicken...10th overall! Pics attached of the turn in's. Team name is Smokin' Hot Racks.

Look forward to catching up with the old handles I am trying to remember.

Thanks,
Robert

Comments

• JimS
    JimS Posts: 78
    Robert, I am from Huntsville but you probably talked to Crimsongator at Whistlestop. He is from Gurley. Where from in Huntsville? i live near Gate 3. Dont do many posts here but check in frequently. Have a Large GE and a Green Mountain pellett grill. E mail jmsterl@yahoo.com
  • RvRamblers
    RvRamblers Posts: 7
    I am from New Market.  I purchased my LBGE this year.  Both my wife and I really enjoy cooking on it.  Have you tried the Gun Powder rub from Star Market?  I got mine from the 5 Points location.  It is really great on steaks.
  • bamafan62
    bamafan62 Posts: 137
    my wife and I are from Athen$.  love the egg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 
  • GreenhawK
    GreenhawK Posts: 398
    I live in Decatur, but our house is For Sale.  We will be moving to Athens when we sell it.

Large BGE Decatur, AL
  • bamafan62
    bamafan62 Posts: 137
    Greenhawk,

Welcome to Athen$!

Phil
  • smasch
    smasch Posts: 115
    Athens GA......Right?
    Owner of LBGE, Antique Komodo Green in Color. Proud Career Firefighter. Johns Creek / South Forsyth GA
  • GreenhawK
    GreenhawK Posts: 398
    Bamafan62,

Thank you.  I can't wait to get back there.  I actually grew up there, and have lived there most of my life except for college and the last 5 years.  We just need someone to buy our house in Decatur, and we will be in Athens ASAP.

Large BGE Decatur, AL
  • AuburnTiger
    AuburnTiger Posts: 38
    Crimson Gator hits a memory on here, I just could not remember the handle even though I only see him once a year.

I live in Blossomwood(downtown). I have two large BGE's I use in competition however it looks like i have come across a hell of a deal for a primo xl with steel cart I don't think I can pass up. Only been used once in a competition and he wants $895, offering a c spot less. Wanted a XL but since they are so similar and it looks the Primo will hold a little more rib wise I think its the route I need to take. Will keep chicken, shoulder and brisket all in the other two.