Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What's Cooking?

Options
Gfw
Gfw Posts: 1,598
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Tonight I'm are making cheeseburgers (on the BGE) and baked beans (in the oven).[p]What else is cooking tonight?

Comments

• The Walrus
    The Walrus Posts: 35
    Options
    Gfw,
    I did baked beans on the BEG yesterday. First attempt, a little dry, this OLD recipe needs a little tweaking.

• Gfw
    Options
    the walrus, once you get it tweeked, please post. We have done baked beans the same way (like the BBQ sauce and cole slaw dressing) for the last 20 years - in a crock pot for about 10-12 hours - always good - humm... maybe we could adapt to the egg!

• Mr Beer
    Mr Beer Posts: 121
    Options
    Gfw,
    Got a batch of Okinawan Hot wings on the bge for tonights feast.

• sprinter
    sprinter Posts: 1,188
    Options
    Gfw,[p]Nothing on the grill this evening, or until the weekend unfortunately. Been too busy roofing a garden house/gazebo that we've been trying to restore to cook on the egg. However, this weekend I have a pork loin in some brine already and will be cooking it on Saturday. Not too sure about Sunday but plan on having some egged stuff again. [p]Troy
  • Gfw
    Options
    sprinter, sounds like a great project (better you than me) - what will be the 1st thing on the BBQ when it is complete?[p]
  • sprinter
    sprinter Posts: 1,188
    Options
    Gfw,[p]Sorry about the delay in getting back on this, work has been pretty hectic lately and not much time to monitor or post on the forum. Gosh, do I actually have to do work while I'm at WORK? That stinks.[p]Anyway, the garden house is more of a gazebo than a house, about a 20x20 deal that sits behind our garage that has been in sorry disrepair since we bought the house 5 years ago. Overgrown weeds/trees, electric shot, roof just about gone, all thats really left is the shell of brick posts, a tile floor and an indoor grill/fireplace and an outdoor grill. Its an awesome addition to the house, just more pressing matters to take care of. House was built in the teens, GREAT place but needs lots of work and TLC. Sorry, I digress, I love talking about the house. They're taking me out of there feet first, never moving.[p]I was thinking that some steaks will be good, not sure about egged steaks though. May have to give that outdoor open deal a shot, never really used one. Who knows. I can just see about 15 steaks (good size grill surface, 3'x3'), a couple dozen chicken parts. Man, I can smell it already. In a few weeks it should all be done. With all of this rain we're getting in IL, at least S. IL, its hard to get on the roof to finish up. Hopefully this weekend will see all of the wood replaced and the roof ready to tar and shingle. Like they say, good lord willing and the sun gonna shine, it'l be done.[p]Sorry for the length of the post, the egg and the house, don't get me started.[p]Troy