Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

MUST SEE (pics) - Just finished my Egg-Center !

Don MarcoDon Marco Posts: 287
edited May 2012 in EggHead Forum
Howdy folks...

Been a while since i posted... pretty busy as usualy, but i keep browsing and reading here quite often.

I´m a happy egger today as i finally finished my Egg Center today. Well, except for the sink, but thats a small issue...

Here we go !

Before :

After :

Lots of workspace and room for tools, charcoal and so on. And finally got rid of those nests ;-)

I cooked some Picanha today for the friends who helped moving the heavy granite countertops.

So long,

DM

www.don-marcos-bbq.de
·

Comments

• MikeP624MikeP624 Posts: 292

That is alot of eggs!  You feeding a small army?

Great looking grilling patio!

·
  • StoaterStoater Posts: 292
    Wow, Bloody Nora, looks fantastic, I think your an Eglamist Extremist!
    ·
  • jenniebjennieb Posts: 4
    ummm - can you cuss on this board?
    ·
  • burr_baby33burr_baby33 Posts: 503
    Wow! Anything else is an understatement! Congratulations!
    ·
    Sorry slipped out, that's not swearing where I come from, won't happen again. I hope.
    ·
    Do you live in Europe?
    ·
  • GatoGato Posts: 766
    Man that is nice. My wife thinks I'm nuts for having two. I showed her the pics and she said "really, that is a sickness". Lol.
    Geaux Tigers!!!
    ·
  • jbates67jbates67 Posts: 160
    Amazing!!!! Just AMAZING!!! ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^
    ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^
    ·
  • Damn so us this an Air Force chow hall......nice job
    ·
  • Best I've ever seen. Well played

·
    German Engineering!
    ·
  • Don MarcoDon Marco Posts: 287
    Thanks for the feedback guys ! Got lots of inspiration from the outdoorkitchens on this board.

Why so many eggs ? We´ll, i cook a lot and love flexibility the different egg sizes give me ;-)

@ Stoater : I live in northern germany.

DM
    www.don-marcos-bbq.de
    ·
  • Thanks for the feedback guys ! Got lots of inspiration from the outdoorkitchens on this board.

Why so many eggs ? We´ll, i cook a lot and love flexibility the different egg sizes give me ;-)

@ Stoater : I live in northern germany.

DM
    But you are from TX, right?

·

But you are from TX, right?
    Nope, born and raised german. I just love Texas and Barbecue ;-)

DM
    www.don-marcos-bbq.de
    ·

• But you are from TX, right?

Nope, born and raised german. I just love Texas and Barbecue ;-)

DM
    Cool. Was just wondering about all the TX paraphernalia you had. Looks really cool. If you need anything else, I'm sure we can find a way to get it to you. I think a TX flag would look pretty cool with that setup :)

·
    Yes I saw the tiles on your roof and thought he must live in europe, I lived in Berlin when the wall was up and in Paderborn for a few years, my dad was british soldier for 23 years so we were based out there, still have many friends in Germany.
    ·
    Yes I saw the tiles on your roof and thought he must live in europe, I lived in Berlin when the wall was up and in Paderborn for a few years, my dad was british soldier for 23 years so we were based out there, still have many friends in Germany.
    Nice ! I´ll be 10 miles from Paderborn tomorrow when i meet my team for competition practice ;-)

Berlin with the wall up must have left quite an impression to you. You should visit Berlin now. Theres been a BBQ Competition there for a couple of years on a beach in the middle of berlin. Too bad they removed that beach recently and that also ended the berlin barbecue competition.

Heres an old thread about that one :

http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/635982

DM
    www.don-marcos-bbq.de
    ·
    It did leave quite the impression, especially passing through check point charlie into the east, we used to live next to the olympic stadt, I did revisit after the wall fell approximately 2 years later, what a difference.

I will take a look thanks.
    ·
  • bigguy136bigguy136 Posts: 1,020
    WOW!
    WOW! and
    WOW!

Big Lake, Minnesota

2X Large BGE, 1 Mini Max, Stokers, Adjustable Rig

·
  • tazcrashtazcrash Posts: 1,851
    All I can say is:
    Where is the "jaw on the floor" smiley?
    Bx - > NJ ->TX!!! 
    All to get cheaper brisket! 
    ·
  • Ranger908Ranger908 Posts: 44
    Got my new EGG three weeks ago.  Spent the last three days building a nest.  Looked at the Post and went out with a ax and chopped it up.  Thanks a lot.  Will start over in the morning.
    ·
    ... and went out with a ax and chopped it up. 
    I hope you can use whats left over as smoking chunks ;-)

DM
    www.don-marcos-bbq.de
    ·
    Just made a test run on the eletricity. Wohoo, no more smoking in the dark !

DM
    www.don-marcos-bbq.de
    ·
  • BoilereggerBoileregger Posts: 335
    Thanks for the pics. Now every time my wife says I'm spending too much money on eggcessories, I can show her that and she's got nothing to complain about.
    ·
  • Mike8itMike8it Posts: 468
    Man that is nice!!!
    ·
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,990

Hey Don!!

First, let me say it's been way too long since I've seen a post from you...on any board. I always love looking at your pictures. Your food always looks outstanding. I'd ask what you've been up to, but its obvious you've been working hard on your new Egg-center. Cooked in any contests lately?

Second, your Egg-center....I don't know where to start. It looks amazing. That looks like it will be perfect for some of the larger parties I've seen you post about. I'm sure you are gonna have many great memories cooking out of it.

Third, I think you maybe in some violation of  international barbecue by having too many Eggs. Rather than reporting you, I'll glady take one off your hands. ;)

Love what you've done with that Weber kettle in the second picture.=))

Can't wait to see more pics of your new kitchen in action. Thanks for sharing.

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

·
  • I LOVE how the old Weber kettle got turned into a planter.  One word to describe your setup - dope!
    Egg Head in Klamath Falls, Oregon
    ·
  • Village IdiotVillage Idiot Posts: 6,951
    Let me tell you guys.

I have followed Don Marco for several years, from the Texas BBQ Rub forum to the other BGE forum.  He is a master chef.  I have drooled over his creations and his plating is nothing short of world class professional.

Glad to see you back, Herr Don.  Love the Texas plaque on your wall !!!!  Looking forward to more of your works of art.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

·
  • AZbgeAZbge Posts: 90
    Amazing!!!! Just AMAZING!!! ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^
    +1
    ·
  • CanaryCanary Posts: 18
    If there were a contest for best layout, it'd be over. What an awesome set up.
    If Canary can do it you can too!
    ·