Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Back in BUSINESS! New Firebox!!

Options
NightwingXP
NightwingXP Posts: 448
edited May 2012 in EggHead Forum
So I went to one of my area dealers today and got my new firebox that they ordered in for me !! OUTstanding people and I cannot wait to get the Egg fired back up and rolling again!! Jonesin for some pizza, stir fry ...........hell ALL OF IT!!!!! Whoo Hooo!!!!!!!! Just wish I didn't have to work this weekend so I could REALLY break her in right!!!
Only 3 things in life matter. Family, Steelers and my BGE!!

Comments

• NightwingXP
    Options
    Paid for it. Dropped $150 for a new firebox and dome therm
  • NightwingXP
    Options
    Oh I will! Really looking forward to it! Been without for over 2 weeks!
  • NightwingXP
    Options
    By the way......do I need to be careful with this new firebox at first with temps or just fire it up and go?
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    150 for a firebox?
    do they give you any narcotic suppositories for the pain?
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • NightwingXP
    Options
    Firebox was $118 and dome thermo was $30. Just happy to have it back up and ready to run!
  • stike
    Options
    30 for the thermo is a screwing too. Twice what i had to pay down here. (yer in canada, right?)
  • NightwingXP
    Options
    Nope. Live in Iowa and bought all this in Omaha Ne.
  • stike
    Options
    oh  my. my new BGE tel tru was 17 bucks.  what's with the pricing lately?
  • NightwingXP
    Options
    That sucks. This was a BGE Tel Tru as well. They did seem a little high on their prices but, like I said I wasn't in the mood to argue. I noticed a XL BGE was $1545, LG BGE was ballpark of $1200 and medium was about $950. They were in nests so I assume ( ya I know what that does to me ) that they were included. They all looked like they had plate setters in them so I also assume that they were package deals for the items included. Once I saw the price tags I didn't look too closely. Really good people though.
  • NewEnglandEgger
    Options
    Wow Nightwing...they are being nice because they are fleecing people. I paid 750 for my Large with Nest. 1200 is highway robbery...even with a platesetter and a bunch of other accessories.

Tom
  • twlangan
    twlangan Posts: 307
    Options
    Nightwing - those priced are right in line with those I saw at the BGE dealer I bought my large from here in WI. I paid $975 for the large, platesetter, and a bag of lump - and that was after I dickered with them to get the platesetter and lump down to about 50% of their listed price as part of the package deal. I bought a bare Egg - no nest, no side tables, no tools. I have made my own tools - just couldn't see paying what they were asking for simple things I can throw together in a few minutes in the shop. 

If I had to guess, I'd bet that the prices you saw did not include the platesetter too. Probably just the Egg and nest - maybe the side table if they were equipped with them.
  • pswarren
    pswarren Posts: 98
    Options
    I am glad you are back in business once again and proud of you doing the right thing!

@twlangan, what part of WI, I am down here in Janesville, slowly coming across a few other eggheads in the area.

• twlangan
    twlangan Posts: 307
    Options
    Black River Falls area. My BGE dealer is in Eau Claire.
  • Duganboy
    Duganboy Posts: 1,118
    Options
    Priced a firebox at a dealer in Lexington, KY and it was over $300.  Emailed BGE with pics and purchase data and they sent me one under warranty.  Paid $20 shipping.
  • stike
    Options
    300 dollars? Take a tip from my old man and throw your old firebox through their store window
  • Duganboy
    Duganboy Posts: 1,118
    Options
    I about fainted Stike, but it was more like $325.  BGE replaced it under warranty, even though it was 15 years old.
  • NightwingXP
    Options
    300 dollars? Take a tip from my old man and throw your old firebox through their store window

=)) =)) =))
  • stike
    Options
    I'm all for making a profit, but there is not large BGE worth 1200 bucks, or a firebox worth 300

• NightwingXP
    Options
    Well my Egg is a medium and all of the dealers that I talked to in this area all stated that the firebox's for mine were $112 to $125 each. These people were the nicest to deal with and the other 10-13 dollars difference didn't seem to be that big of a deal to me so I went there.

Sidebar

Can I just say that with a new firebox AND a new dome temp made my Egg a difference of night and day!!
    Just did some burgers cause I HAVENT COOKED ON IT FOR OVER 2 WEEKS!!!! and I needed the itch scratched. Not even going to eat them ( ok I had one ) cause I planned on taking for lunch tomorrow. MY GOD the temp dialed right in and I only made 2 adjustments to hit 400 with no prob. Did them raised direct and they were F$#@ING GOOD!! Best burgers I've had in a ahwile! Used a little cherry chips for smoke and WHOO too good!

I accept it.....................I'm addicted.......................no argument here!
    :D