Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New Egghead

Options
hudsy
hudsy Posts: 1
edited May 2012 in EggHead Forum

Just wanted to say hi.  I have been reading up on BGEs for a short time and became interested in getting one.  I picked one up on Sunday morning and by Sunday evening had the first steaks cooked on it....

Chipotle crusted pork tenderloin was the Monday night dinner and burgers were Tuesday.  Can't wait to do ribs on the weekend.

Comments

• joe@bge
    joe@bge Posts: 394
    Options

Welcome to the cult!  Lots of great advice and great people here.  Prepare your pocket book for a huge hit on accessories. 

:D
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    You sure start out right. You have pictures.... Nice cook. What part of the world are you?
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• tazcrash
    tazcrash Posts: 1,852
    Options
    Don't worry the pale interior of your egg is only a temporary condition.
    The people here will help you to get the insides of that egg to the correct color, and maybe even crisp that gasket a bit.

;)
    Bx - > NJ ->TX!!! 
    All to get cheaper brisket! 
  • VeesEgg
    VeesEgg Posts: 4
    Options
    Congrats!  You'll love your Egg! 
  • Egg Juju
    Egg Juju Posts: 658
    Options
    Grats!!  you'll love it!
    Large and Small BGE * www.quelfood.com
  • michigan_jason
    michigan_jason Posts: 1,346
    Options
    Congrats! I've had mine for a week and wonder how I lived before! Question though, did you remove a ring in that pic? It seems like you have ALOT of room between the grate and the gasket, mine is not like that. I have the XL, but still seems like you are a lot closer to the flame.

"Entrepreneurs are simply those who understand that there is little difference between obstacle and opportunity, and are able to turn both to their advantage."

• hudsy
    hudsy Posts: 1
    Options
    Thanks everyone!

So far so good.

I am in Southwestern Ontario near Detroit, Michigan.

Michigan_jackson - No I didn't remove any rings.  Can anyone shed some light on this?

I have the firebox, then a ring and on the ring sits the grate.  I hope that everything is correct.