Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, see our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Repair / glue tips please

James MBJames MB Posts: 349
edited May 2012 in EggHead Forum

OK so I haven't used one of my mediums for a long time and when I took the damper cap off a large chip fell off the outside of the chimney.

Any tips regarding what glue to use to stick it back on, I have the chip which seemed to come off in one piece? I am concerned that if I leave it then water will get in and do more damage when it freezes. imageI'll try and translate into UK products.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• stikestike Posts: 15,597
    might be a warranty issue, fwiw.

ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • James MBJames MB Posts: 349
    edited May 2012

Yes I mailed in the warranty card - but I'm in the UK - I can't see them sending me a new lid (they could throw in a firebox as mine is in a few pieces and a couple of med spring bands as both are welded deformed so can never close square).

btw when removing the lower gasket I could read the words MEXICOSH2001 I guess that dates the base.

Oh , and yes I was just getting around to tidying the garden!

• NewportlocalNewportlocal Posts: 474
    JB weld
    By the way. Plenty of JB weld on UK eBay if you have trouble finding it. Just checked.
  • James MBJames MB Posts: 349
    It's on Amazon UK too - I assume it's a regular two part epoxy resin (like Araldite here in the UK). Thanks.
  • CowdogsCowdogs Posts: 489

Yes I mailed in the warranty card - but I'm in the UK - I can't see them sending me a new lid (they could throw in a firebox as mine is in a few pieces and a couple of med spring bands as both are welded deformed so can never close square).

btw when removing the lower gasket I could read the words MEXICOSH2001 I guess that dates the base.
    Oh , and yes I was just getting around to tidying the garden!
    They have a distributor over there.  They won't be sending it from the US.  Use your warranty.
    It's on Amazon UK too - I assume it's a regular two part epoxy resin (like Araldite here in the UK). Thanks.

Your welcome. Hope things work out, and you will probably get a new one from warranty.