Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
With winter in full gear, we’re enjoying all the awesome photos of EGGs in the cold weather. Stay warm with some of our favorite Dutch oven recipes: Chicken & Dumplings, Chili Con Carne and BLT Soup.

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Craigslist find - old egg?

RenatboostRenatboost Posts: 26
edited May 2012 in EggHead Forum

Comments

• FliehighFliehigh Posts: 76
    Is that actually a real BGE?
    ·
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 26,941
    That is the old clay egg. It won't do cooks over 400*. I would think you could get a ceramic one for that money.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • R2Egg2QR2Egg2Q Posts: 1,652
    Looks like an Imperial Kamado & not worth anywhere near the $400 they're asking.
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs
    Bay Area, CA
    ·
  • xraypat23xraypat23 Posts: 421
    could be a very old egg. Or a knock off. I'd check it out, make sure it's not cracked and what kind of shape it's really in. I wouldn't pay more than 100, maybe $200 tops.
    ·
  • Hi54puttyHi54putty Posts: 1,496
    pass
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
    ·
  • BYS1981BYS1981 Posts: 1,763
    Def pass. $400 for that super old, maybe, green egg, or $700 for a medium brand new with a lifetime warranty.
    ·
  • ChubbsChubbs Posts: 4,348
    That is a ripoff. Much better deals than that.
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
    ·
  • RenatboostRenatboost Posts: 26
    edited May 2012
    Not looking for myself as I recently received a new large BGE from a buddie who's company is a distributor. He owed me a few dollars and paid me with a BGE and plate setter. Love it!

Thougt some of you may want to see this picture. Just thought this was an interesting find as I always search Craig's for many items and particularly now a MiniBGE!

Take care!
    ·
  • travisstricktravisstrick Posts: 4,713
    I just got a never used lg with nest for $425. I'd pass on that.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
    ·
  • GatoGato Posts: 766
    I would pass for 100.00
    Geaux Tigers!!!
    ·
  • GatoGato Posts: 766
    I would pass for 100.00
    Geaux Tigers!!!
    ·
  • SqueezySqueezy Posts: 1,101

It may be worth getting for the day BGE decides to have a museum and needs collectibles ...but not for $400

Never eat anything passed through a window unless you're a seagull ... BGE Lg.
    ·