Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

rumors confirmed, ace hardware is a wicked good distributor

Options
xraypat23
xraypat23 Posts: 421
edited May 2012 in EggHead Forum
Went to my local ace(wading river, ny) and asked them to check the warehouses inventory for wicked good. They have it! ordered myself up a few bags and they're going to keep it stocked from now on. Always helps to ask!

Comments

• troutgeek
    troutgeek Posts: 458
    edited May 2012
    Options
    It will be at my Ace, in Wisconsin, tomorrow (Tuesday, May 8th).  The store manager as been keeping me up to date on their progress.
    XL BGE - Large BGE - Small BGE - Traeger Lil' Tex Elite - Weber Smokey Joe
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,347
    Options

Based on my local Ace store, it is a regional buy so far.  And as luck would have it-not where I am or close-although the regional Wicked Good distributor (as listed on the wicked good site) is close-he marks it up such that it is cheaper to order direct even with the high shipping charges.

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • alynd
    alynd Posts: 130
    Options
    is Wicked Good supposed to be superior to other brands?
  • Cullum
    Cullum Posts: 215
    Options
    You can order it from Tulsa, OK stores. 19.99 for 22# bag.
  • A2Z
    A2Z Posts: 99
    Options
    Ace hardware in Fountain Hills, Arizona  ordered me a bag, have not got it yet.  About 22.00 a bag 
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    It is one of the better reviewed lumps on Naked Whiz.com. This is where most of the enthusiasm started. it is very high quality but not game changing if you ask me. I have really liked it every time I have used it, but I really like several that I have tried (including some of the lower rated reviews on NW.com)

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • AZbge
    AZbge Posts: 96
    Options
    Ace hardware in Fountain Hills, Arizona  ordered me a bag, have not got it yet.  About 22.00 a bag 
    +1
  • Hi54putty
    Hi54putty Posts: 1,873
    Options
    I believe it is...especially for long cooks.
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    WG is a very dense charcoal.  is it 'better'?  depends what you want to do.

being dense, it can sustain high temps for a long time in the same full firebox, simply because you literally can get more fuel in there.  so a long run of pizzas at high heat? it's your go-to lump. 

overnighters? well, it is said to produce less ash, and less chance for clogging.  not much experience in that regard.

i find it slow to start (doesn't mean it's bad, means it is very dense).  so if i had a bag of WG next to a bag of cowboy, and wanted steaks for dinner, i'd likely use the lighter cowboy.

it's a good lump. nice sized pieces, not a lot of chips... again, a result of being dense and less likely to suffer bashing and breaking in transit.
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante