Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Non BGE cooker / Failed Test!!

Options
Gato
Gato Posts: 766
edited May 2012 in EggHead Forum
Ran up to my Dad's house this weekend to show him the ropes on his new non BGE ceramic cooker. I was surprised at first and said hey it's better than I was expecting. So we fired it up to cook some nice steaks. As it was coming up to temp we heard a very loud pop. I thought that didn't sound good. Upon inspection I saw a three inch crack on the bottom base. Finished the steaks which were great by the way and shut it down. Did not shut down near as quick as the egg and burned a bunch of lump. The vent was loose and did not seal well at all. Checked this morning and can feel the crack but it is not as visible as when the cooker was hot, not sure if it cracked all the way through. This cooker failed the test and is getting returned. Bummer, I was supposed to cook ribs tomorrow.
Geaux Tigers!!!

Comments