Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Favorite beer

Comments

• tnbarbq
    tnbarbq Posts: 248
    Loving Blue Moon right now.
    Scooter 
    Mid TN. Hangin' in the 'Boro. MIM Judge
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    I like tucher better than blue moon.
  • jakebge
    jakebge Posts: 79
    Sun King Brewery, Sunlight Cream Ale from the growler.
  • BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533
    If you're going to Santa Rosa and you have time I would swing by Lagunitas too, good brewery.
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited May 2012

Regular stock is Old Mil. 

You can handfish for them in the crystal clear waters of the Mississippi right here in Davenport! lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vcpXPlkF2k

I catch it on sale for $13 a 30 pack.  Crispy cold, it goes down smooth. 

If I'm feeling snobbish spending $50 on ingredients for an egged meal, I'll upgrade to Sam or Newcastle.

:))
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• troutgeek
    troutgeek Posts: 458
    edited May 2012
    New Glarus?  I have to find it with such great reviews.

I am a craft beer guy.  I don't drink too many, but I like a beer with a lot of flavor.  I have a glass of Shameless Dale in my hand right now from a local brewery called Dale Bros.  Good stuff.

Unfortunately, unless things have changed, you can not get New Glarus beer outside of Wisconsin. It's not licensed to sell outside of the state.
    XL BGE - Large BGE - Small BGE - Traeger Lil' Tex Elite - Weber Smokey Joe
  • Bubba12803
    Bubba12803 Posts: 24
    Bubba---Come to Colorado....it flows like water here. Maybe even more so since we don't have any water. :))

Might just have to make the trip to Colorado to bring a few cases back home. I wish they would expand their area to the east coast.
  • Mighty_Quinn
    Mighty_Quinn Posts: 1,878
    They are....New Belgium is opening an east coast brewery and huge distribution center in Asheville, NC.
  • Bubba12803
    Bubba12803 Posts: 24
    They are....New Belgium is opening an east coast brewery and huge distribution center in Asheville, NC.

That would be awesome. Can't wait
  • BYS1981
    Sierra Nevada is opening a brewery in Asheville, NC also. Lagunitas is opening another brewery in Chicago, so those are 2 other companies that will distribute to east coast real soon.
  • Tomcat225
    Tomcat225 Posts: 41
    Mcguires Irish Pub in Destin/Pensacola Fla has a micro brewery. Their Irish Red Ale is my favorite. It's starting to show up in local grocery stores...they make a mean steak too...
  • EggRacer
    EggRacer Posts: 400
    Rahr Texas Red or Blonde. Texas Red is my preferred.
    XLBGE & LBGE
    North Richland Hills, TX
  • BYS1981
    TomCat225,

I love McGuires! I didnt drink their beer when I went, several years ago, but I did have a few irish car bombs and their mason jar drink. PS crappy job for a new guy around tax season.. count the $$ lol. Jk, but I think they do count the $$ and donate it to charity every year.
  • bariccardi
    bariccardi Posts: 53
    Cigar City Jai Alai
  • FxLynch
    FxLynch Posts: 433
    YEM- I love founders porter as well, they actually have several solid brews.  I'd put Founders Kentucky Breakfast Stout at the top of their beers, only on a winters day though.  Too heavy for summer time!
  • ribnrun
    ribnrun Posts: 174
    Coors light is the low budget choice. Cheap, easy to drink, doesn't destroy my ability to operate the egg for a while.

Micros are different. Lost Coast makes several beers I enjoy; Alleycat Amber, Great White, Downtown Brown, Eight Ball Stout. Anchor Steam is an expensive treat I indulge in when I feel flush. Humboldt Brewery (RIP) made some of my favorite college beers. Steelhead IPA is a tasty treat when my cousin brings down a case.

Mostly I enjoy whatever I have on hand. A beer in hand is better than a sixer in my grocer's refer.
  • "Mostly I enjoy whatever I have on hand. A beer in hand is better than a sixer in my grocer's refer."

Amen, sir. Well stated.
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    YEM- I love founders porter as well, they actually have several solid brews.  I'd put Founders Kentucky Breakfast Stout at the top of their beers, only on a winters day though.  Too heavy for summer time!
    I loved KBS when I could get it. Now, with all the hype I can barely get a four pack if I'm lucky. I'm a self professed Goose Island Bourbon County Stout fiend.
    Just came back from Three Floyds Dark Lord Day last weekend and now have a fridge with a case of Zombie Dust in it. 
    Now only if July would hurry up and get here so I could have my LBGE!
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• ribnrun
    ribnrun Posts: 174
    Gross? Really? All this time I thought it was delicious.
  • My taste buds must be out of whack :)
  • Brownie
    Brownie Posts: 1,023
    Beer=gross
    Does this extend to the birch and root family?
    :-/

• Nitty1223
    Nitty1223 Posts: 2
    Cooney Island Lager ......
    All things are possible for he who believes
  • troutgeek
    troutgeek Posts: 458
    I had very little time for this shot. Sorry.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
    XL BGE - Large BGE - Small BGE - Traeger Lil' Tex Elite - Weber Smokey Joe
  • I miss New Glarus for sure. Would love a pint a squirrel nut brown or spotted cow right about now.

• cortguitarman
    cortguitarman Posts: 2,061
    @stike try to find Troegs Sunshine Pilsner. It is a great, full bodied, pilsner made right here in Hershey, PA
    Mark Annville, PA
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    mountaindewbass:  you can't equate a noun with an adjective

seriously though, there is beer, and then there is beer.  it's like saying 'meat is gross'. can't be taken seriously.

ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • cortguitarman
    cortguitarman Posts: 2,061
    "i like yeugling, yungeling, whatever the heck it is too."

Used to love Yuengling Lager. Went to college 40 minutes from the brewery. That was all we drank for 4 years. The taste for it has left me. However, Yuengling Premium is actually a favorite of the folks in Pottsville. It has a much better flavor than Lager. It is funny, but here in PA, if you go to a bar and order Lager you get a Yuengling without a second thought. I did that in Virginia and the bartender asked what line. I was so confused. He should have known...at least that is what I thought.
    Mark Annville, PA
  • "i like yeugling, yungeling, whatever the heck it is too."

Used to love Yuengling Lager. Went to college 40 minutes from the brewery. That was all we drank for 4 years. The taste for it has left me. However, Yuengling Premium is actually a favorite of the folks in Pottsville. It has a much better flavor than Lager. It is funny, but here in PA, if you go to a bar and order Lager you get a Yuengling without a second thought. I did that in Virginia and the bartender asked what line. I was so confused. He should have known...at least that is what I thought.
    Go to Mexico and order a "Lager" and it's Dos Equis Green every time
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817

Maudite

Kilkenny Irish Ale

Steam Whistle

Creemore Springs

Molson Canadian

In no particular order

Steve 

Caledon, ON