Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Toasted Sausage Subs 5-2-12

Options
Doc_Eggerton
Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
edited May 2012 in EggHead Forum
A lot of things to say about this simple cook.

First; I'm back after driving 2,132 miles in 4 days to help my daughter move.

Second, this was done on the LBGE with the Angl-Z so I could have half direct and half indirect.

Third, used my cooking bricks to rack the sausage.

Fourth, never toasted the subs before, and it worked well.

And finally, we are now newly empty nested, and not yet adjusted to quantity on cooks.  I am going to try freezing some of this, and seeing how it reheats.

Good to be back.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

Comments

• Doc_Eggerton
    Options
    O*@$#@%$&%$&%$ I wish they would get this site fixed for pictures.  They will show up in time.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• SandBilly
    SandBilly Posts: 227
    Options
    You just have to cuss it a bit..
  • SandBilly
    SandBilly Posts: 227
    Options
    Looks good too.
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options
    Where the hell is the veggie wok??!!!!
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Options
    Tomorrow, tomorrow, still adjusting to on-the-road food :-)-

• Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options
    Good to have you back, Doc.
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Options
    Does this count?  Good to be home.

• Smoker_Guru
    Smoker_Guru Posts: 372
    Options
    Great looking sausage Doc. That just made my short list for this weekend. Glad your back and thanks for posting.
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    What is Angl-Z?

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Doc_Eggerton
    Options
    Brackets from the Ceramic Grill Store that help me keep just half the LBGE direc.

• pezking7p
    pezking7p Posts: 132
    Options
    Liking that 1/2 setup.  Sausages looking very tasty.  
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Options
    Update.  Froze one of these as an experiment, and forgot about it.  Rummaging around for lunch today I came across it.  Heated in the microwave one minute at a time for four minutes, in the bag.  The bread was good at two minutes, but the filling was cold.  Filling done at 4 minutes, but the bread was soggy.  I ate it with a knife and fork.  Tasted fine, but not like the original.  If I over do subs again I will save the filling and the roll separately.

• stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    doc; re "O*@$#@%$&%$&%$ I wish they would get this site fixed for pictures.  They will show up in time."

if you upload to a host site, like photbucket, they show up right away. and if properly sized, they also don't get displayed as much smaller thumbnail images which then need to be clicked on in order to be properly sen.

ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • bigguy136
    bigguy136 Posts: 1,362
    Options
    With food like that, why would anyone ever move out?? Great looking eats!

Big Lake, Minnesota

2X Large BGE, 1 Mini Max, Stokers, Adjustable Rig

• NightwingXP
    NightwingXP Posts: 448
    Options
    doc; re "O*@$#@%$&%$&%$ I wish they would get this site fixed for pictures.  They will show up in time."

if you upload to a host site, like photbucket, they show up right away. and if properly sized, they also don't get displayed as much smaller thumbnail images which then need to be clicked on in order to be properly sen.

That sucks stike. I have no problems with the pictures at all. I have had a few probs here and there but for the most part they always come up. Using Firefox browser. ???????
    Only 3 things in life matter. Family, Steelers and my BGE!!
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    edited May 2012
    Options
    not me. was talking to doc.

i see small pics for most people. i need to click on their pics to open them

most people seem to upload huge (for screen) photos.

i size mine to 550 or 600 pix wide, and then upload to photobucket.

so my smaller pics actually display bigger here than their full size pics.

and mine seem to upload instantly. when i post a comment with a pic, the pic is there. boom

anyway, aside from the vanishing and reappearing edit function, vanishing and reappearing quote function, oddities related to uploading pics, and the weird way that EVERY link on the site is underlined, this site is so much more technologically better than the other (not)

:)>-
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante