Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Anyone getting the hungries for Beef Jerky?

Options
Car Wash Mike
Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
jerky.jpg
<p />I haven't cooked any for a long time. Sure sounds like a nice weekend project.[p]Mike

Comments

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,754
    Options
    2005_0110Image0006.jpg
    <p />Car Wash Mike,
    ive never tried a low cook when its warm out, have only done it in the winter. how low can you keep it in this weather, i may give it a shot next week

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Car Wash Mike
    Options
    fishlessman,[p]I've easily gone 10-12 hours at 175. It takes a little more patience. It will 90 this weekend with 90% humidity.[p]Mike
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,754
    Options
    Car Wash Mike,
    ive only used bottom round. i believ Borders uses the eye. ill set up my large for a practice run tonight. it runs lower than my old egg, just havent tried it when its hot

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • ToddB
    ToddB Posts: 26
    Options
    Car Wash Mike,[p]So would your picture be done in direct heat? Wow, that certainly is an endurance test of one's patience. Like Pavlov's dog, I instantly get hungary during preperation and usually can't wait more than a couple of hours...[p]Amazing! (slurp)
  • Car Wash Mike
    Options
    bjdone.jpg
    <p />ToddB,[p]No, that is indirect with a placesetter. I owe it all to GFW for getting me started on beef jerky.
    It doesn't last long. I try to cook up to 10 lbs at a time and put in a food saver.[p]Mike

• Greendriver
    Greendriver Posts: 128
    Options
    Car Wash Mike, always. Great stuff, never can fix enough though. Looks like you got a system to get more out of a cook. [p]102_0202.jpg

• ShortRib
    ShortRib Posts: 180
    Options
    Car Wash Mike,[p]I used London Broil. Stacked, stackable, cooling racks to fit the most beef. Used already burnt charcoal to make keeping low temps easy![p]Jerky1.jpg