Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Low investment table

twlangan
twlangan Posts: 307
edited April 2012 in EGG Table Forum
Just thought I'd give you all a heads-up on this. If you are like me and spent most of this year's disposable income on an Egg and are looking for a low cost and easy solution for a table to put it in, Menards has a workbench kit that is very easily modified into a table. 

The lumber all comes pre-cut and the kit includes a box of screws to put it together. I added two 2X4's of my own to strengthen the lower shelf for the weight of the egg and ran the 1X4's front to back rather than side to side the way the kit was designed. I also widened it out a bit to fit the egg into it. The vertical 2X6 along the back of the bench top became part of the table top. The kit is pine and is not the best lumber selection, but where we have our table, it is not visible to anyone in our yard so it didn't really matter to us. I wanted the table for utility reasons and didn't care that much about how it looked. We primed and painted it with Lake Forest green paint available at Ace. The burned paint on the aluminum siding is from the old gasser grill that got possessed and decided to turn into a flame thrower a few years ago!  :)  We have just a bit over $100 in this and about 10 hrs of time building and painting it - and my wood working skills are next to nil.

imageimageimage

Comments