Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

How Much Many Nights Per Week...

Options
2»

Comments

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Hey austex- what part of town do to live in? I'm in Lakeway.
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • SandBilly
    SandBilly Posts: 227
    Options
  • SandBilly
    SandBilly Posts: 227
    Options
    wait, what are we talking about? how many nights per week? im selling the egg...
  • Smoker_Guru
    Smoker_Guru Posts: 372
    Options
    2-3 for sure and some weeks it more like 5 or 6. I'm pretty much a grill/smoker junky.
  • Austin  Egghead
    Austin Egghead Posts: 3,966
    Options
    During summer very night. In winter 5 nights per week.
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • Chris88
    Chris88 Posts: 41
    Options
    6 my wife recently made the comment "you know, we have a stove and on oven and they both work". I ignored her.
    Same here but I told her that she can use the stove and I know it will stay clean because it will not get used much  =)). But that did not go over to good. 
    Egg head in Louisiana.
  • tazcrash
    tazcrash Posts: 1,852
    Options
    2-3 so far.
    during the work week is rough cause we can't eat late.
    Bx - > NJ ->TX!!! 
    All to get cheaper brisket! 
  • cortguitarman
    cortguitarman Posts: 2,061
    Options
    My wife has cooked dinner twice since we got our egg in January. I have done the rest, and only once on the stove. Everything else has been egged. I have only done dinner on the egg. After school let's out for summer, I'll do breakfast. (Teacher here. A big perk of the job, although I am a big supporter of year round schooling).
    Mark Annville, PA
  • brentsee
    brentsee Posts: 99
    Options

Wife wants supper by 5:00 pm on week nites so seldom get to cook during week as I'm usually not home from work til 5:30 or 6:00. Weekends 2 to 4 cooks. 

• Egg Juju
    Egg Juju Posts: 658
    Options

2 to 3 times, but I often use them 2 at a time so does that double my number?

;))
    Large and Small BGE * www.quelfood.com
  • DOCED
    DOCED Posts: 69
    Options
    2-3 times per week, mostly on weekends due to work schedule. Would use it every night if possible.
  • burr_baby33
    burr_baby33 Posts: 503
    Options
    I average 6 days / week.  The only evening meals not on the egg are if we go out. 
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options

I don't think I could give a specific number. I go through phases where I use it more or less. Sometimes as many as 4 or 5, sometimes 2 or 3.

Last week, I was really sick (like stayed home 3 days sick) and then we had company in town last weekend so we were running all over the place doing things, so sadly must say I haven't even fired up my egg since I did that pork butt April 19-20th. But I will be firing it up tonight and I'm trying to think up something to do this weekend for Cinco de Drinko.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• tazcrash
    tazcrash Posts: 1,852
    Options
    Got the in-laws coming in this weekend, and we will be running around, so looks like no egging for me this weekend. 

X(
    Bx - > NJ ->TX!!! 
    All to get cheaper brisket! 
  • Austex_Egger
    Austex_Egger Posts: 153
    Options
    Cen-Tex.  I'm in Brushy Creek -  Close to 620 and Parmer.
  • Eggbertsdad
    Eggbertsdad Posts: 804
    Options
    I cook on mine about 4 times per week in average. Sometimes I use it instead of the oven to heat up a lasagna or other things I'd normally put in the oven. It gives me something to do after work.
    Sarasota, FL via Boynton Beach, FL, via Sarasota, FL, via Charleston, SC, via The Outer Banks, via God's Country (East TN on Ft. Loudon Lake)
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    About 3-4. Would be more but 2 of my neighbors within 500' of my house bought eggs so I eat off theirs several nights a week. Wednesdays are grill night and we have neighbors over so I am off to get a salt block from Sur La Table and a couple tri tips from Costco to cut up into strips and sear on the block.
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Cool. I know exactly where that is. have friends in that hood.

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options

One more now
    :-c
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Jameson19
    Jameson19 Posts: 354
    Options
    2-3 times a week
    Large BGE, Adjustable Rig, Small BGE, 2 BBQ Guru's, 18" WSM, Rockwood, Stage 3 Roush Mustang and a hot wife... 

Las Vegas, Nevada!
  • smokesniffer
    smokesniffer Posts: 2,016
    Options
    2-3 times a week. Hopefully as the weather warms up, it will be more. Try to use the egg on my days off, doing ribs and longer cooks, and then easier stuff during the week.
    Large, small, and a mini
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options

One more now
    :-c
    Roger that. I smell cook out!