Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Looking forward to a delicious Christmas dinner? Keep our Holiday Entertaining Publication handy throughout December for all your holiday dinner needs. But you can also find some of our favorites on our Country Christmas page, including Christmas Ham and Peach Cobbler. Happy cooking!

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

2nd go at pizza - success!

eggnitedeggnited Posts: 94
edited April 2012 in EggHead Forum
My first go at pizza wasn't bad...see the thread here ---> http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/comment/1173094#Comment_1173094 ...

but I thought I might post a few pics documenting my second attempt. This time I used temps a little lower at around 650 degrees. I also took my time and used ready made  balls of frozen pizza dough I purchased at Central Market in Austin....I believe it's called Real Brooklyn Pizza Dough. Just thaw and form your pizza. This time we managed to make them circular! LOL

The first two pics are of a white pizza with Italian sausage, mushrooms and kalamata olives. The second two pics are of a red sauced (out of a can) pizza with Italian sausage, mushrooms and red peppers. Both pizzas have shredded mozzarella cheese with some fontina and other Italian cheeses mixed in for good measure. These pizzas were much better than we could have hoped for....not only looking delicious but were very delicious. Other than the effort it takes....this kind of makes it hard to order pizza for delivery! :D

Comments