Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Smoked Salmon

Options
TUTTLE871
TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316
edited May 2012 in EggHead Forum

My friend kept on ranting and raving about his smoked salmon that he makes in one of those Smoker boxes that use little wood and you close the door and forget it (Yes his salmon is good). So last night i got a piece of wild caught salmon my dad brought back from Alaska and marinated it in Soy, Fresh Ginger, Brown Sugar, and a little fish sauce.

Got the egg at 175 and put cherry wood chips in, cooked it for 5 hours between 150 and 175, Pulled it out and put in a zip lock bag.

Ok I have not been a fan of Salmon lately because my Weber has been giving me the run around when I make it.

This was the best piece of Salmon i have ever had. I even went back for seconds.

And this was not the Scotch talking. That was a new purchase today also and it is awesome.

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

Comments