Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New to the forum

flmtrain
flmtrain Posts: 15
edited May 2012 in EggHead Forum

Just wanted to say Hi to everyone. I am very new to the BGE cult. I am planning on purchasing a large BGE within the next couple weeks from my local garden center. I want to build my own table. I have a concrete patio that I am going to cover with stone and then want to build my table with stone sides and a concrete countertop. At least that is the current plan. 

My wife and I are attending a BGE event this weekend in Waldorf Maryland to check out all you can do with the BGE. I found this forun last week and have really learned a lot so far. I am looking forward to the up coming weeks, when I build my table, purchase my BGE and start cooking. It is going to be a great summer.

Thanks for all the info. Frank 

Comments

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    Welcome Frank !  All of your questions will be answered here.  

When you buy your Egg, buy a camera too.  We like pictures.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• You'll love the egg and we'll do our best to help you out here too when needed. Welcome aboard.

oh yeah, what VI said above. Camera.

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • NightwingXP
    NightwingXP Posts: 448
    Hello Frank! Welcome to the forum. Your learning curve will be short after what you will learn here. It's a great website with great people that are friendly and helpful!! Look forward to hearing (and seeing, VI was serious about that camera part!!) from you and what you cook!
    Only 3 things in life matter. Family, Steelers and my BGE!!
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
    Welcome aboard.  Random pic for VI attached.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    edited May 2012
    Welcome Frank. Have you by chance priced a Demo (used one day for a few hours) Egg at the Fest/event you are going to vs the one you are getting ready to buy from the local garden center? You should save a couple hundred dollars.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    Welcome. Look at my signature, I am not kidding. 
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • XLBalco
    XLBalco Posts: 607

i was already close to buying an egg when i went to an "eggfest" that a dealer and restaurant put on..  it actually ended up making my wife a believer and the one pushing me to buy one right away.

welcome!

• flmtrain
    flmtrain Posts: 15
    Thanks for the welcome. Yes Mickey, I checked into the demo egg price and it is still $50 more then I can get a brand new one. That could be because I have purchased a ton, thousands of dollars from my local garden center so they gave me a very good price. They take care of their customers that take care of them. I am going to purchase the stone for my patio and egg table from them too. I would like to see them have an BGE event too. I am going to talk with them about it.
  • NecessaryIndulg
    NecessaryIndulg Posts: 1,298

When you buy your Egg, buy a camera too.  We like pictures.

Welcome Frank!  ^^Yes we do! 
    I'm Kristi ~ Live in FL ~ BGE since 2003.
    I write about food & travel on Necessary Indulgences.  
    You can also find me on FacebookInstagram, and Twitter.
  • piney
    piney Posts: 1,478
    Welcome Frank, as Cen-Tex said, good luck with your cooks.
    Lenoir, N.C.
  • Egg Juju
    Egg Juju Posts: 658
    Welcome... Sounds like you got some busy days coming!  I am looking forward to the results.
    Large and Small BGE * www.quelfood.com
  • boatbum
    boatbum Posts: 1,273
    Welcome aboard. This is a great forum, helped (and continues to help) my ramp up on the egg.
    Cookin in Texas