Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My Laziest Baby Back Ribs Yet

Options
bigguy136
bigguy136 Posts: 1,362
edited May 2012 in EggHead Forum

I started with Car Wash Mike's Ribs but I got lazy. I pulled membrane, dry rub (no mustard), put on grill bone side down, plate setter legs up, drip pan with some water at 250° for 5 hours, opened lid for the first time and painted a little BBQ sauce for the last 30 minutes. Pulled and rested for 20 minutes (drove to friends house) and all gone. Will do again.image

Big Lake, Minnesota

2X Large BGE, 1 Mini Max, Stokers, Adjustable Rig

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,336
    Options
    I'm all in with "lazy is better anytime you get the taste."  Must be the absense of mustard that sealed the deal:) Looks great-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Jameson19
    Jameson19 Posts: 354
    Options
    Looks great and I think I'm gonna try this method. How did the bone side turn out? Was it burned or black? Did you sauce both sides?
    Large BGE, Adjustable Rig, Small BGE, 2 BBQ Guru's, 18" WSM, Rockwood, Stage 3 Roush Mustang and a hot wife... 

Las Vegas, Nevada!
  • bigguy136
    bigguy136 Posts: 1,362
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Looks great and I think I'm gonna try this method. How did the bone side turn out? Was it burned or black? Did you sauce both sides?

The bone side was black. I used a dry rub (blow boys yard bird) on both sides. Last 30 minutes I put on sweet baby rays bbq

I did a double post. More info on the second post

http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1139100/my-laziest-baby-back-ribs-yet#Item_13

Big Lake, Minnesota

2X Large BGE, 1 Mini Max, Stokers, Adjustable Rig

• GADuckaholic
    Options

The bone side was black. I used a dry rub (blow boys yard bird) on both sides. Last 30 minutes I put on sweet baby rays bbq

I did a double post. More info on the second post

http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1139100/my-laziest-baby-back-ribs-yet#Item_13

This is what sealed the deal! I do beleive you could put Sweet Baby Rays on a pile of cow dung and make it edible!
  • Ragtop99
    Ragtop99 Posts: 1,570
    Options
    Similar deal this weekend for me.  Pulled the membrane first.  I did half dry with a cajun rub only (no mustard)  The other half I used sweet baby rays sauce that I doctor to add a little more zing and heat.

A few chunks of apple and no water. The Egg makes it simple and delicious.
    Cooking on an XL and Medium in Bethesda, MD.
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options
    That's the way I have always done mine. Great every time
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013