Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BBQ Guru CyberQ Wifi

Options
YukonBill
YukonBill Posts: 23
edited March 2012 in EggHead Forum
Didn't see this brought up in a previous post but.....

Per a Facebook update/teaser, BBQ Guru is releasing details of their new temp control later today. This should be the CyberQ wifi with computer and iPhone control capabilities. Will be interesting to read the full specs when they are finally released later today.

Exciting stuff!

Comments

• EZEGG
    EZEGG Posts: 49
    Options
    Very cool!  Good to know the stoker will be getting competition in the wireless / network arena...
    Eric O. RMBBQA Member Blog - http://smokeontherockies.com/ Large Big Green Egg
  • jdman4x20
    Options
    I am waiting to see if it is true before I buy one.
  • ChokeOnSmoke
    ChokeOnSmoke Posts: 1,942
    Options
    Looking forward to hearing and seeing more about it.  Thanks for the heads up.
    Packerland, Wisconsin

• Pete21784
    Pete21784 Posts: 14
    Options
    I have the CyberQ. I downloaded the pdf manaul and used a half a pack of paper to do so. The unit can be run from your notebook, desktop or handheld smart phone but to get it to run, one must be willing to dedicate much in the way of time to run Microsoft Net Framework updates and the installation process, well, is just that....a process! Since it really is only useful as a way to monitor and adjust your pit/Egg, and since once you get it set for your desired cooking temperature you really do not have to monitor it as it will hold your desired temp right on the money once it sets itself, it really only is usefull if your are in competition and want to walk around and even then, no one stays away that long from their pit/Egg. Personally, had my wife not purchased this for me as a present, I woulf of just went with the Guru, not CyberQ. Ram a 14 lb brisket on it 3 weeks ago. Started it at around midnight, locked on at 250 and when I got up at 6 am, it was dead on 250. They work great. If you want to monitor your pit while home, just use the 45.00 Redi-Chek
  • YukonBill
    YukonBill Posts: 23
    Options
    FINALLY! Just got this from the BBQ Guru people about the CyberQ wifi.

"Thank you for your patience as we anticipate the arrival of the new CyberQ Wifi control. The control will be $295 and will include one pit probe, three meat probes, a power cord, and control stand. Fans and adaptors are additional as with all of our other systems.

You may purchase the control online as of Friday, April 27th and they will begin shipping on Monday, April 30th. Ordering directly on our website will ensure that your order will ship as soon as possible. Phone orders may be subject to a delay as they must then be entered by our staff manually.

Due to the overwhelming response we have received so far, if you need to call us regarding service questions/requests, you may choose to hold for the next available associate or you may leave a message. If you leave a message, the next available associate will contact you as soon as possible. You are welcome to email us which can result in a faster response time.

Thank you again and please let me know if you have any questions."
  • AZbge
    AZbge Posts: 96
    Options
    Anybody order one on Friday?
  • mhhamburger
    Options
    Does anyone know if it works with a Mac or iPhone?  Thanks!
  • The Naked Whiz
    The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
    Options
    mhhamburger, what do you mean "work"?  If you have a device with a web browser that is attached to the Internet, you can access the web pages served up by the CyberQ Wifi.  I used my iPhone to view the webpages and prove that I was accessing from outside my home network.
    The Naked Whiz