Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s that time of year again-time to hop on out to your backyard for an EGG hunt. If you’re lucky, you’ll only have to search as far as your patio! Planning on cooking Easter Sunday? Check out our Easter Menu. If you’re looking for a sweet treat to enjoy with the whole family, try at least one of our sweet treats, if not both: Grilled Peeps & Carrot Cupcakes. Lastly, if you’re having company, our Pinterest page has lots of ideas for entertaining. We hope you have an EGGstra tasty holiday!

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Fried Shrimp & Oysters on the MINI

MickeyMickey Posts: 16,047
edited April 2012 in EggHead Forum

Mini+Wok+Woo cooked about 375 (oil temp) for 2 min:

imageimageimageimageimageimage
Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·

Comments

• nice looking cook Mickey. I guess you had the "depth" after all!

·
  • Looks good
    ·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,047
    Yep John, just right.  How is your wife's foot?
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • Village IdiotVillage Idiot Posts: 6,951
    Looks good, Mickey !

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

·
    Gary it was good man. Not sure I am brave enough to do the Large but this worked find.

·
  • Yep John, just right.  How is your wife's foot?
    Thanks for asking. It's still pretty tender but she is moving around pretty well. They taped her up and letting it heal without a cast. Clean break all they way through middle toe right at the base of her foot. Another MM and she would be in surgery today. Lucky us! She should be OK within a few weeks.

·
  • Love it! Just add beer. :)
    I'm Kristi ~ Live in FL ~ BGE since 2003.
    I write about food & travel on Necessary Indulgences -
    You can find me on Facebook & Instagram, too! 
    ·
  • travisstricktravisstrick Posts: 4,747
    Scrumptious seafood on Sunday. You have out done yourself, my friend. You can expect a response to this cook shortly. Any trouble stabilizing the oil temp? How did it relate to dome temp?
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
    ·
    No dome as it stayed open. About 5 min between cooks to bring oil back to 375. Last cook was running low on lump and took the Woo off to get closer to heat.
    He used a pella pan to do chicken as to keep flat yesterday.
    I think I will do oysters in the Mini next fest.

·
    edited April 2012
    Love it! Just add beer. :)

Look to your left: rum & coke, tall rum & coke. Kristi I gained 6 lbs READING your blog on Austin. Hell, we go to Austin almost every weekend and don't eat out that much in 2 months. . Do you weigh 345 and photoshop your pics?

·
  • fasteddiemfasteddiem Posts: 212
    Great looking cook Mick! I've got to use my wok for some frying...haven't give that a go yet!! 
    ·
  • frankie482frankie482 Posts: 253
    ·

Yes, it is nicer than mine(hammered).. Be sure and ask Mrs Chain to season it ($5.) and say hello got me.

·
  • NecessaryIndulgNecessaryIndulg Posts: 1,097
    edited April 2012
    Love it! Just add beer. :)

Look to your left: rum & coke, tall rum & coke. Kristi I gained 6 lbs READING your blog on Austin. Hell, we go to Austin almost every weekend and don't eat out that much in 2 months. . Do you weigh 345 and photoshop your pics?
    Hahaha!! You caught me... =))
    I'm Kristi ~ Live in FL ~ BGE since 2003.
    I write about food & travel on Necessary Indulgences -
    You can find me on Facebook & Instagram, too! 
    ·
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,757
    Aww Mickey....now you are just showing off. ;) I love fried shrimp, for some reason its one of my favorite foods, kinda a comfort thing to me. If I drive down there, will you make me some?

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

·
    edited April 2012
    Aww Mickey....now you are just showing off. ;) I love fried shrimp, for some reason its one of my favorite foods, kinda a comfort thing to me. If I drive down there, will you make me some?
    Your are on my friend. Thinking of that as my cook next Salado EggFest.

·
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,757
    Just don't schedule it on St. Patty's Weekend again....please.

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

·
  • what type oil you use?
    ·
    supervisor404 Peanut Oil

·
  • Egg JujuEgg Juju Posts: 658
    edited April 2012
    Shrimp looks perfect!  GBD... Did you get any smokiness or other grill flavors?
    Large and Small BGE * www.quelfood.com
    ·
    supervisor404 Peanut Oil
    No not that I could taste. BUT did not get any smokiness or other grill flavors in the house.And it was fun.

·
  • supervisor404 Peanut Oil
    No not that I could taste. BUT did not get any smokiness or other grill flavors in the house.And it was fun.
    good point. Fry chicken in the kitchen and you smell like a KFC for 4 days

·