Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Is this the end of a really cool forum.

Options
2»

Comments

• Austin  Egghead
    Austin Egghead Posts: 3,966
    edited April 2012
    Options
    IMHO if you don't visit both sites it is your cooking loss.  There are many things to learn and many good cooking ideas offered on both. Both sites have their PIA idiosyncrasies, but I have received much useful and novel information by reading both sites.  
    As far as the vitriol, there has been plenty on both sites and finger pointing is just childish!  If you don't like the thread or the direction it is going then don't respond and let the thread die.

Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    VI, i don't think i said anything about there being no experts here.  not at all.  i always find that no matter how i trip over myself to explain something, i'm still misunderstood.  we all are.

my point was simply that the conversation 'there' is less likely to be as active because a lot of newer members are here.  when there was one forum, the new members continually provided an influx and varied conversation.  so over there, with fewer new people, you'll see a lot of OT than even before.  you just aren't going to have those repeateding discussions where newbies are asking about butt, brisket, etc. because there aren't many newbioes there any more.

newbies aren't a bad thing, and it also doesn't imply that there is more or less expertise one polace or another.

i'm tired of trying to to find different ways to say that there are pluses and minuses to each forum.  i get nothing from it.  but there's a reason i'm both here and there same for mickey and a few others. unless i'm truly stupid or ignorant about which is so much better that i needn't ever visit the other .

i do know that there are some on each forum who decide to stay away based on grudges, rather than content.  that's too bad. but nothing i can do, and it doesn't affect me directly either way

ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • Hungry in Lilburn
    Options
    My lips are sealed and my cat won't let my mouse talk.image
    This is a very civil thread. I, however, feel it my duty to warn some of you about the extreme beef that exists between this forum and that one. Its a good idea to not talk about the other place. I learned the hard way. 

How do you find the other forum?
  • Austin  Egghead
    Austin Egghead Posts: 3,966
    Options
    google
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    yahoo
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Lexus/Nexus?
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    set the old forum to flat view and you're nav issues are solved
    yep- worked like a charm. Thanks
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    set the old forum to flat view and you're nav issues are solved
    yep- worked like a charm. Thanks
    I guess I owe them an apology for ripping their site when (take a picture) it was me all along. My bad but we live to fight another day.