Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
With winter in full gear, we’re enjoying all the awesome photos of EGGs in the cold weather. Stay warm with some of our favorite Dutch oven recipes: Chicken & Dumplings, Chili Con Carne and BLT Soup.

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Spider and Cast Iron Grid Size?

Hungry in LilburnHungry in Lilburn Posts: 756
edited April 2012 in EggHead Forum
I bought a spider  from the ceramic grill store and the medium cast iron grid from the mother ship. I have a large BGE. It doesn't fit! It almost fits. Was I suppose to get the small? I can run by there tomorrow and exchange it but I want to know if that is what I am suppose to have. Thanks! :(
·

Comments

• Mighty_QuinnMighty_Quinn Posts: 1,878
    Yes, you need the small (13") cast iron grid for use in the spider on a LBGE
    ·
  • Yes, you need the small (13") cast iron grid for use in the spider on a LBGE

Yep.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Johnson, Navin R... Sounds like a typical bastard.

Belmont, NC

·
  • Back to the mother ship tomorrow I shall go! Lots of neat toys in there as well, will have to buy other stuff as well! =D>
    ·
  • When I use the CI grid with spider, fire goes to top of firebox? Quick char both sides then cool down and put on regular grid and then cook at 400 till desired doneness, right?
    ·
  • BOWHUNRBOWHUNR Posts: 1,406
    Yep.

Mike

I'm ashamed what I did for a Klondike Bar!!

Omaha, NE
    ·
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 26,948
    Of course! I just got the woo and have a medium CI grid.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • Thanks! I see you use really thick steaks. I will have to go to butcher and have some 1.25 cut
    ·