Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Is this the end of a really cool forum.

Dirtnaponhold
Dirtnaponhold Posts: 21
edited April 2012 in EggHead Forum
Been a day and a half that this forum links everything to not found and takes you to the original bge forum site which is difficult to navigate on.

Comments

• stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    set the old forum to flat view and you're nav issues are solved
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • eggo
    eggo Posts: 492
    Thanks stike, went to flat view and VIOLA. All is well for now. Seems like a long maintenance break.
    Eggo in N. MS
  • cmkratt
    cmkratt Posts: 54
    How do you go to flat view?
  • Dude (Stike), you were a riot over there. Was laughing my a$$ off all night. Not sure where any of that even came from (very weird) but I can say that you were my late night entertainment. Comedy gold.
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669

The original BGE forum site is not difficult to navigate on, this sand is.

Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    When I try to load the forum page it is taking me to the big green egg website. Just now it took me to go daddy. I have to google BGE forum to get here. What gives?
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • Sorry I missed you today Mickey! I didn't stay too long. Wanted to take care of the Mrs. with her bum wheel.
  • Gato
    Gato Posts: 766
    I was hoping they would at least bring back the quote/edit options for mobile users.
    Geaux Tigers!!!
  • Gato
    I've tried to look at the other. Is it just me or do you really have to open each individual post? Gotta be doing something wrong. It seems difficult to navigate??? Tried the views.
    Geaux Tigers!!!
  • I've tried to look at the other. Is it just me or do you really have to open each individual post? Gotta be doing something wrong. It seems difficult to navigate??? Tried the views.
    I couldn't do it any other way. I may be dumb but it was excruciating.
  • I've tried to look at the other. Is it just me or do you really have to open each individual post? Gotta be doing something wrong. It seems difficult to navigate??? Tried the views.
    I went over to the other forum and it was too hard to read.  So I left.
    I'm Kristi ~ Live in FL ~ BGE since 2003.
    I write about food & travel on Necessary Indulgences.  
    You can also find me on FacebookInstagram, and Twitter.
  • Gato
    Guess it's not just me. Lol
    Geaux Tigers!!!
  • jay75
    jay75 Posts: 153
    In desperation for my daily fix of all things BGE I turned to the DARK side! And shock horror I was easily able to navigate it on my new fangled iproduct! Still couldn't get a sense out of it on the PC even in flat view, worse still I fear I might of even "liked" some of what I saw, does this mean I need to make a sacrifice to the BBQ gods or maybe an exorcism?...
  • The original BGE forum site is not difficult to navigate on, this sand is.

My dog is able to hold his booze better than your dog Mickey.image

My dog is able to hold his booze better than your dog Mickey.image
    It's the ciggs. they get you every time :)
  • travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    This is a very civil thread. I, however, feel it my duty to warn some of you about the extreme beef that exists between this forum and that one. Its a good idea to not talk about the other place. I learned the hard way. 
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • stike
    The old forum can be viewed exactly like this one can. You might choose to avoid it for other reasons, but in flat view, it reads the same.

Set flat view for main forum, and then when viweing posts, set flat view for those too
    I am a dinosaur. I prefer the classic view, because i can see where the action is

In flat view, you see that there are ten new posts, last one by so-and-so. If it is a topic you have read a few times, you might skip it. I dont open every post on this forum, for example. Even if they show 12 new posts.

But in the other forum, i can see that all 12 new posts are a conversation between to firebrands, and sure to be good. Hahaha

For me, both forums are about the people and ideas

If i said that i didnt like this forum because i dont care for the format, or the way the features keep disappearing, or that all links are underlined, etc etc, i'd be correct about the problems, an idiot for dismissing the people here because of that, and i'd be saying the same thing that's been said about the other forum

If i cared more about navigation and features, i'd be in the Christian Mingle chat rooms. Not here

Dont give up on education just because the textbook is used and last year's edition. That's willful ignorance. The only ignorance which is unforgiveable

Anyone interested in learning about the BGE, from talented and ineresting people, should visit both

By way of even handedness, i give the same grief to the old farts 'there' who are all upset that BGE pulled support for the forum which helped build the brand. They won't come here either

Their loss

Picking one brand of beer, one cut of beef, one language, etc. is the sign of a closed mind. And that's fine. Just not my preference
  • Dirtnaponhold
    Dirtnaponhold Posts: 21
    edited April 2012
    My lips are sealed and my cat won't let my mouse talk.image
    This is a very civil thread. I, however, feel it my duty to warn some of you about the extreme beef that exists between this forum and that one. Its a good idea to not talk about the other place. I learned the hard way. 

• jay75
    jay75 Posts: 153
    Beef should be enjoyed off the grill! Not because of it.... Just my opinion.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,168

Stike hit the nail on the head for those of us without an axe to grind anywhere and are just:

a.  trying to learn about how to best enjoy the BGE-

and b:  after working  at a. above try to pass things on to others who are just trying...

Frictionless conduit here-

From Stike"Anyone interested in learning about the BGE, from talented and ineresting people, should visit both".

I agree but in my opinion this site is more about exchanging ideas/information and less about what I cooked today and how it looked-and less OT as well-no scientific proof

:)>-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • This is a very civil thread. I, however, feel it my duty to warn some of you about the extreme beef that exists between this forum and that one. Its a good idea to not talk about the other place. I learned the hard way. 
    fair enough. I was more talking about the mechanics of the site, not the content. I was unaware of the vitriol until I read some of the posts. Certainly not wanting to stir up trouble between the 2.

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    stike said it very well. I like both and yes, find this one easy to read. But, hell, the other can't be hard because I use it (I don't do ATM's).
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• stike
    Lou, re: "I agree but in my opinion this site is more about exchanging ideas/information and less about what I cooked today and how it looked-and less OT as well-no scientific proof"

I would only offer that because this is the place that pops up as the official forum, the user base skews newer. Most questions here have literally been asked and answered 'there' a few hundred times.

The older place is waning because it's now all oldtimers. Thirdeye is not going to be asking how to cook a brisket, for example

It is what it is. Wealth of info there.
    Bkth places have their plusses and minuses. I guess ijust dont see the point in forcing the issue of one vs the other.

The experience level there is much higher, but conversely, the enthusiasm and potential for growth here is higher

If someone is looking for the perfect bge forum, it doesnt exist
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,168
    @ Stike-excellent points all around, I agree and should have reflected a bit more before firing off my previous post.  No excuses but it is Saturday night and I did exercise the BGE for a while earlier with the appropriate libations-but since I don't do pics then you know it didn't really happen-but that's my story and I'm stickin to it :)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    edited April 2012
    Experience (or longevity) does not necessarily equate to excellence, creativity, or passion.  I have seen some incredibly creative cooks here and they keep coming.

Most of the people here have been cooking for years.  As some wise old sage once said, the Egg is just a grill, so the length of time one has owned an Egg is irrelevant. When I am looking for a new dish to cook, I come here.

Just saying ......

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• Gato
    I would love to check out the other site more and I'm sure there are some good folks and ideas. I usually check on my phone and when I go there it just takes waaaay to much effort.
    Geaux Tigers!!!
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
    Experience (or longevity) does not necessarily equate to excellence, creativity, or passion.  I have seen some incredibly creative cooks here and they keep coming.

Most of the people here have been cooking for years.  As some wise old sage once said, the Egg is just a grill, so the length of time one has owned an Egg is irrelevant. When I am looking for a new dish to cook, I come here.

Just saying ......

Wise indeed.......

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

Just wrong, just plain wrong! ;-)
  • joe@bge
    joe@bge Posts: 394
    I frequent several different BBQ forums...variety is the spice of life. 
  • I have no idea what is going on here!  When I clicked on my favorites to go to the forum, I landed here.  I was a member of the old forum as well.  Are there now two different forums?  Why?

I do like the look of this one more.