Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Chicken wings for new years party

Ga egger
Ga egger Posts: 15
edited December 2011 in Forum Feedback
I'm gonna cook chicken wings for a new years party.  I have done them in the past on a raised grid, about 300 until crispy.  Any other suggestions?
HAPPY NEW YEAR! 

Comments

• Last weekend I did some wings, smoked them with some Jack Daniel's wood chips at 250 for I think was a little over an hour. We were doing an experiment with half on the Egg, and half on my Holland grill to see which everyone liked better. I let the ones on the Egg on just about 15 min too long while waiting for the Holland ones to get done. I saw steam/water vapor coming out of the daisy wheel because it was dissapating in the air. I should have taken them off then because they were just a tad tough. Everyone liked the taste of the smokey wings better than the taste of the Holland, but liked the juicyness of the Holland better. So the next ones we do I'll just pull them off earlier.
    For the Sauce, I just brushed them a little with Sweet Baby Ray's Sweet and Spicey with some Crystal's mixed in to give it some zip. Brushed them each side the last flip before taking them off.
    Onelick
  • Thanks and happy New Year!
  • SamFerrise
    SamFerrise Posts: 556
    Do your wings at 225 for 2 hours then hit them on direct for several minutes.  Mine are tender and juicey.

Simple ingredients, amazing results!
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Something tells me the wings were cooked a few months ago. Little late on the advice!!!!
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013