Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s that time of year again-time to hop on out to your backyard for an EGG hunt. If you’re lucky, you’ll only have to search as far as your patio! Planning on cooking Easter Sunday? Check out our Easter Menu. If you’re looking for a sweet treat to enjoy with the whole family, try at least one of our sweet treats, if not both: Grilled Peeps & Carrot Cupcakes. Lastly, if you’re having company, our Pinterest page has lots of ideas for entertaining. We hope you have an EGGstra tasty holiday!

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Wicked Good Charcoal at My Ace Hardware

boatbumboatbum Posts: 1,273
edited April 2012 in EggHead Forum

My local Ace Hardware has become an Egg dealer.   Was in last week - talking to the owner about egg's.   Noticed that he had Ozark charcoal - I asked him about Wicked Good.   He checked his computer - said it was in the distribution facility.  He ordered 10 bags to be in this week - said he would try stocking it.  I believe his price was $22 per 22lb bag.

Sooooo --- if your in North Texas - there is at least one ACE hardware with WG.   Would imagine that any ACE could order it.

We got some in a group buy recently - I really like it.

Cookin in Texas
·

Comments

• billyraybillyray Posts: 1,120
    edited April 2012
    WG was suppose to be in Northern Ca. Ace Distribution centers on April 23, but the date has been moved back to June 4th. It other parts of the country you can have your Ace dealer check SKU # 8322786. If it's in his Distr. Center, he can special order it for you, if he doesn't already stock it.
    Felton, Ca. 2-LBGE, 1-Small and waiting on a mini
    ·
  • A2ZA2Z Posts: 99
    Ordered a bag from Ace in Fountain Hills, AZ this morning.  Was excited to be able to buy it here, no one else carries it. Looking forward to trying it.
    ·
  • BigSteveBigSteve Posts: 52
    I got 2 bags form ACE in Gulf Breeze, FL last saturday.  $19.99 each
    ·
  • NDGNDG Posts: 1,130
    they sell it in columbus, ohio too at place called Straders on Riverside. great stuff, full name is "Wicked Good - Weekend Warrior" lump 22lb bag for $21.00, huge chunks so I often mix with Royal Oak steakhouse blend or BGE brand.

http://www.wickedgoodcharcoal.com/ohio.html
    Columbus, Ohio
    ·
  • pezking7ppezking7p Posts: 123
    My wicked good IS wicked good, I just wish i could get it for $22. 
    ·
  • My local Ace Hardware has become an Egg dealer.   Was in last week - talking to the owner about egg's.   Noticed that he had Ozark charcoal - I asked him about Wicked Good.   He checked his computer - said it was in the distribution facility.  He ordered 10 bags to be in this week - said he would try stocking it.  I believe his price was $22 per 22lb bag.

Sooooo --- if your in North Texas - there is at least one ACE hardware with WG.   Would imagine that any ACE could order it.

What Ace did you go to?
    XL & Medium BGE Keller, TX
    ·
  • xraypat23xraypat23 Posts: 421
    gonna have to ask my local ace. Is your local ace corporate owned or private. We have 2, one corporate, one private, need to check both.
    ·
  • dlk7dlk7 Posts: 994
    Embers Grill and Fireplace in Brentwood, TN carries WG too.  The last bag I bought was $21.95 for 22 lbs.

Two XL BGEs - So Happy!!!!

Waunakee, WI

·
  • friscoagfriscoag Posts: 97
    Also curious which Ace.  I got 3 bags from the pallet, and I'm loving it so far.
    ·
  • bhuggbhugg Posts: 184

My local Ace Hardware has become an Egg dealer.   Was in last week - talking to the owner about egg's.   Noticed that he had Ozark charcoal - I asked him about Wicked Good.   He checked his computer - said it was in the distribution facility.  He ordered 10 bags to be in this week - said he would try stocking it.  I believe his price was $22 per 22lb bag.

What Ace did you go to?

Inquiring eggheads would like to know.
    Large BGE Dallas, TX
    ·
  • boatbumboatbum Posts: 1,273
    Coppell Ace Hardware -- on Denton Tap  -- in Coppell
    Cookin in Texas
    ·
  • friscoagfriscoag Posts: 97

Sweet! Live in Frisco, work in Grapevine, so not far out of my way driving home every day!

·
    Its directly on Denton Tap - about halfway between 635 and 121 tollway
    Cookin in Texas
    ·
  • danv23danv23 Posts: 463
    Get the Ozark Oak!!!!  That is the best stuff!!!

The Dude: Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Walter Sobchak: [shouting] Has the whole world gone crazy? Am I the only one around here who gives a **** about the rules? Mark it zero!

Cumming, GA
    ·
  • Smokin_GoodSmokin_Good Posts: 40

Thanks for the tip. I went yesterday. They only have a couple bags left. I just found out the Keller Ace Hardware has it as well.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

XL & Medium BGE Keller, TX
    ·
  • cssmd27cssmd27 Posts: 137
    Need another group buy! 10 bags for the whole DFW area isn't going to cut it!
    ·
  • frankie482frankie482 Posts: 253
    Just picked up my special order bag.

It was 19.99 in Elkton, MD.

They will special order it whenever I need it.
    ·
    edited May 2012

Probably any ACE hardware in the DFW area can order it.   I think the turn around time on their orders from the warehouse is pretty fast.  Only reason the Coppell store got it in - was cause I was talking with the manager - told him how good it was.   He looked on his computer and said he would order 10 bags to see if it would sell.

Cookin in Texas
    ·
  • billyraybillyray Posts: 1,120
    You can have your Ace dealer check SKU # 8322786. If it's in his Distr. Center, he can special order it for you, if he doesn't already stock it. Most Ace stores get 2 deliveries a week.
    Felton, Ca. 2-LBGE, 1-Small and waiting on a mini
    ·
  • AZbgeAZbge Posts: 79
    Ordered a bag from Ace in Fountain Hills, AZ this morning.  Was excited to be able to buy it here, no one else carries it. Looking forward to trying it.
    Did you actually get it or just order it?  I called Paul's Ace (which I believe is the Fountain Hills one) and they said it still wasn't in the warehouse. 
    ·