Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Beef and Broccoli (and carrots)

Mighty_QuinnMighty_Quinn Posts: 1,878
edited April 2012 in EggHead Forum
Tonight on the wok was beef and broccoli stir fry....another satisfying wok cook!

Mise en place
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Just before sauce

Ready to eat!

Comments

• Doc_EggertonDoc_Eggerton Posts: 5,026
    Looks good, and your photos actually come up :-)

XLBGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to my daughter), MBGE and lots of toys

• ChubbsChubbs Posts: 6,701
    Good work. The wok got the nod for tomorrow for me.
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • JerkChickenJerkChicken Posts: 551
    Looks good. Was the beef tender and juicy?

LBGE, Weber OTG w/ Rotisserie, Weber Genesis S-330, Chargriller Duo, AR-15, AK-47
  • Mighty_QuinnMighty_Quinn Posts: 1,878
    edited April 2012
    Looks good. Was the beef tender and juicy?

YEp, it was...I used thinly sliced flank steak and marinated it for a half hour in a couple tablespoons of soy sauce. It went into the wok in two batches to keep it from steaming, then removed meat and stir fried veggies...
    Looks good, and your photos actually come up :-)

Thanks Doc- I post photos from photobucket on iPad and haven't had some of the pic problems that you and a few others seem to be having...not sure what's up there.
  • Village IdiotVillage Idiot Posts: 6,953
    Looks mighty good, MQ.  Looks like you've gotten the hang of it.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

Thanks VI, I feel like I have gotten the hang of it. Wokking really is a great way to use the egg.
  • chad408chad408 Posts: 140
    edited April 2012
    When wokking to you leave the top open the whole time and what is the set up for this.
    Thanks VI, I feel like I have gotten the hang of it. Wokking really is a great way to use the egg.

I light the lump and leave it lid down, bottom vent all the way open and daisy wheel off. When it gets to 500-600 I stick the wok on the spider (legs up) and let it heat up for a few minutes with the lid closed. When I'm ready to cook, I have the miss en place close by and start the cook...lid OPEN the whole time. It goes fast and there is a lot of action in the wok, so closing the lid wouldn't allow for the stir part of "stir fry"
    Thanks will be buying a spider and wok shortly.
    The spider is handy for a lot of things, bu it's not necessary for using a wok on the egg...the wok ring can sit right on the cooking grid...
    The spider is handy for a lot of things, bu it's not necessary for using a wok on the egg...the wok ring can sit right on the cooking grid...
    What is the wok ring?