Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What's your occupation?

Comments

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    I'm a photographer: http://www.channingjohnson.com

Nice website and bio, Channing.   =D>

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• tgkleman
    tgkleman Posts: 216
    Business development for a packaging company
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Channing is a mile south of me.
    Small world

See you at Billy's Roast Beef, or Turner's
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • Mike8it
    Mike8it Posts: 468
    Biologist at a public aquarium.

My wife has a degree in Marine Biology from UNCW. But she didnt want to get into doing research so she went back to school and is and RN.

I took her to Atlanta last year and got her to dive in the Georgia Aquarium. Thats an incredible place.

But she wouldnt let me go to the Mothership.

Good to see a fellow Seahawk here. I graduated from UNCW in 99 with a finance degree. Absolutely loved my time there.
  • Eggbertsdad
    Eggbertsdad Posts: 804
    I work with community banks around the country managing the merchant portfolios. 
    Sarasota, FL via Boynton Beach, FL, via Sarasota, FL, via Charleston, SC, via The Outer Banks, via God's Country (East TN on Ft. Loudon Lake)
  • I co-own a company that sells electronic components to manufacturers. 
    I'm Kristi ~ Live in FL ~ BGE since 2003.
    I write about food & travel on Necessary Indulgences.  
    You can also find me on FacebookInstagram, and Twitter.
  • Janssen14
    Janssen14 Posts: 50
    Railroad carman
  • Hi54putty
    Hi54putty Posts: 1,873

Work now in a dream restaurant as a server.  Best job of my life.  Can't wait to go back to work every day!

I don't know Masked Marvel, but the restaurant where he works (1618) is the best around. My wife and I drive 45 minutes to eat there, and it's one of the only places we eat out anymore.  Anyone in the Triad area of NC, I would recommend it.
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
  • gtk10583
    gtk10583 Posts: 77
    Molecular Biologist (bread winner)
    Guitarist/Luthier (hobby)
    Beer taster (life necessity)
  • tjv
    tjv Posts: 3,830
    right now I'm a juggler, given all the things I got going........LOL

t
    www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.
  • pezking7p
    pezking7p Posts: 132
    Add another vote for "Mechanical Engineer" - dang, looks like we're a dime a dozen now :((
    Mechanical Engineering Degree: when you want potential employers to know that you're pretty good at looking stuff up in handbooks. 

:P

Engineer.  Degree in materials science/metallurgy/semiconductor devices.  However I work as a process/equipment engineer and all-around badass. 
  • Mowgli
    Mowgli Posts: 34
    System Administrator - Taking care of Citrix.
  • travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    Past jobs: Pizza guy, Forklift operator for boat dry storage marina, commerical fishermen, fish cleaner at seafood joint in Tallahassee and construction (mostly replacement windows, siding and sunrooms) 
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • Fliehigh
    Fliehigh Posts: 76
    Financial Systems Admin (Dynamics GP presented with Citrix Xen App)
  • fletcherfam
    fletcherfam Posts: 935
    I am a quality control manager for a commercial general contractor working on Department of Defense projects, based in Kitsap County Washington
  • Z_Eggineer
    Z_Eggineer Posts: 576
    I am basically a glorified plumber who does not know who to conduct/drive a train, lol...
  • FxLynch
    FxLynch Posts: 433
    Radiology Technologist and I dabble in PACS administration.  Probably heading back to school soon to move on to a different career.  My fiance is a Psychologist, so I save money there :) 
  • tazcrash
    tazcrash Posts: 1,852
    edited April 2012
    Mechanical Engineering Degree: when you want potential employers to know that you're pretty good at looking stuff up in handbooks.  
    So using this on my brother in-law! Thanks 
    Bx - > NJ ->TX!!! 
    All to get cheaper brisket! 
  • tazcrash
    System Administrator - Taking care of Citrix.
    God bless you guys.
    Save me from having to drive into work in the middle of the night to check on system status. 

Bx - > NJ ->TX!!! 
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,624
    i design, make, and fix things.

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Own a Meat Market in Melbourne, Fl .We also sell the BGE
  • billyray
    billyray Posts: 1,275
    I was a professional meat cutter in the mid to late 1960's, worked for several chain stores and independents, as well as the local slaughter house. Then went into business with my in-laws in the saw mill and lumber business. Added hardware and building materials to the lumber and became Ace Hardware dealers in the early 1970's. Eventually had 5 Ace stores and 2 garden centers, now am retired from the retail business, but still manage our commercial and residential properties.
    Felton, Ca. 2-LBGE, 1-Small, PBC, PK360, Genesis Summit, Camp Chef Flattop, Smokefire 24, Traeger Pro Series 22 Pellet with a Smoke Daddy insert, Gateway 55 Gal. drum, SNS Kettle w/acc.
  • Hillbilly-Hightech
    Hillbilly-Hightech Posts: 966
    edited April 2012
    heh... actually, you can say what 1 of my ME professors used to say:  you only need to know 2 things to be a mechanical engineer: 
    1. F = m*a
    2. You can't push a rope!!

hehehehe... :D

Or, on the other side, you have this:  "What's the difference between civil and mechanical engineers?
    Mechanical engineers build weapons -- civil engineers build targets!!!" =))

In all seriousness, I really enjoy what I do - I get to design something different each project, so I'm never bored - and especially w/ all the CAD tools they have nowadays - to me, I refer to it as "Technical Artistry" - meaning, I get to use the creative side of my brain for the designing portion, but also the technical (engineer) side for the dimensions, clearances, materials, fit / finish, etc... to me it's the best of both worlds!!

Don't get set into one form, adapt it and build your own, and let it grow, be like water. Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup... Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. - Bruce Lee
  • fishlessman - you can't post all those cool pics w/out also 'splaining what they are!!!!  :-B
    Don't get set into one form, adapt it and build your own, and let it grow, be like water. Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup... Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. - Bruce Lee
  • Software Development Manager

I also do Systems Engineering and Database Administration. I deal with Open Source technology exclusively (where possible).
    I finally took the plunge and bought my large Big Green Easter Egg from Roswell Hardware in Roswell, GA 03/31/2012
  • tazcrash
    edited April 2012
    fishlessman - you can't post all those cool pics w/out also 'splaining what they are!!!!  :-B
    X2, but I did recognize the beer tap, and the liquid smoke collector? and the train. :)

heh... actually, you can say what 1 of my ME professors used to say:  you only need to know 2 things to be a mechanical engineer: 
    1. F = m*a
    2. You can't push a rope!!

hehehehe... :D

Or, on the other side, you have this:  "What's the difference between civil and mechanical engineers?
    Mechanical engineers build weapons -- civil engineers build targets!!!" =))

OK, I like those too.

Bx - > NJ ->TX!!! 
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Chemist. I test water for the City to make sure that we get all the urine and other stuff out before it floats down the Trinity River to Houston. Yeah, that's right Houston....don't make me mad or I'll leave the pee in water. :D

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Eggbertsdad
    Eggbertsdad Posts: 804
    Chemist. I test water for the City to make sure that we get all the urine and other stuff out before it floats down the Trinity River to Houston. Yeah, that's right Houston....don't make me mad or I'll leave the pee in water. :D

=))
    Sarasota, FL via Boynton Beach, FL, via Sarasota, FL, via Charleston, SC, via The Outer Banks, via God's Country (East TN on Ft. Loudon Lake)
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    No problem.  I do rainwater harvesting, so everything in the house comes from the roof and through 3 filters.  The only city water I use is to water my lawn.  Keep the pee in.  I need the nitrogen.  \:D/

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious