Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New Orleans

chill243
chill243 Posts: 131
edited April 2012 in EggHead Forum
Just got back from NO, had some great seafood, maybe I should try some of this great food on the BGE!!

Comments

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    A good website is http://nolacuisine.com .   I like to make N'Awlins BBQ shrimp on the Egg.  I don't remember where I got the recipe, though.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• LBC Dawg
    LBC Dawg Posts: 116
    Don't know if you went to Drago's, but their chargrilled oysters are unbelievable. i've made em on the egg a few times and they're great. i'll be down there in 2 weeks. can't wait.
  • N'awlins is one of my favorite cities to eat.  You know what I mean. 
    I'm Kristi ~ Live in FL ~ BGE since 2003.
    I write about food & travel on Necessary Indulgences.  
    You can also find me on FacebookInstagram, and Twitter.
  • Eggbertsdad
    Eggbertsdad Posts: 804
    A good website is http://nolacuisine.com .   I like to make N'Awlins BBQ shrimp on the Egg.  I don't remember where I got the recipe, though.

Thanks for the link! I just printed out the Drago's Style Charbroiled Oyster recipe. That looks great!
    Sarasota, FL via Boynton Beach, FL, via Sarasota, FL, via Charleston, SC, via The Outer Banks, via God's Country (East TN on Ft. Loudon Lake)
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    I never remember what I eat when I go there. It's all a blur.
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • tjv
    tjv Posts: 3,830
    I wonder if the folks who ran the B&B near the french quarter are still around.  They were big eggheads.  After Katrina, they evacuated to Austin just about the time we had one or little mini grillmeister fests.  Bunch of us got together and replaced their lost egg.  Last I heard they reopened the B&B but that was several years ago.   

t
    www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.
  • Z_Eggineer
    Z_Eggineer Posts: 576
    I LOVE me some NOLA, but do not have the ability yet to eat cities...

(better get used to my lame sense of humor!)
  • xraypat23
    xraypat23 Posts: 421
    god I love those char grilled oysters. I live in new york, but had the pleasure of routinely visiting a girl I used to date who went to school down there. We ended up good friends, pretty sure my visits went from wanting to see her, to wanting to go down there to eat(and drink).  From the burgers and potatoes at port of call. Sitting at the food bar at emerils nola. Dragos oysters. I can go on and on. Best bloody mary I've ever had was at mothers, talk about hangover cure.
  • Yes, I've done Drago's style char-grilled oysters on the Egg a few times before and they are INCREDIBLE!! 

I was even able to get a neighbor, who normally shuns food like oysters, clams, etc to try it, and he ended up eating several!!  He said if he'd have tried it this way years ago, he might have become a seafood eater!! hehe

But yes, N'awlins has LOTS of good food & good places to eat - Willie Mae's Scotch House for their incredible fried chicken & bread pudding, K-Paul for their etouffe & gumbo, Drago's, etc... If the city wasn't so farkin disgustingly dirty & the crime wasn't so bad there - it would be an incredible place to be!!
    Don't get set into one form, adapt it and build your own, and let it grow, be like water. Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup... Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. - Bruce Lee
  • chill243
    Alais, where is Drago's?
  • Gato
    Gato Posts: 766
    Friend of mine has a contact of a place where they IQF shucked oysters. He just grabs a few when he gets ready and straight on the egg. Drago style, quick and easy. Next trip I'm gonna try a box.
    Geaux Tigers!!!
  • chill243
    Dude, help me out!
  • chill243
    Was it Emerial's?  There are tons of places that char grill oysters