Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Wok Night

Options
Doc_Eggerton
Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
edited April 2012 in EggHead Forum
Tonight's cook.  Shrimp and scallop wok.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

Comments

• Doc_Eggerton
    Options
    )(&)(*&)(*^(*&%&%-photos!

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• bigguy136
    bigguy136 Posts: 1,362
    Options
    I ordered my wok and spider. I can't wait to try some outdoor wok cooking. Looks great.

Big Lake, Minnesota

2X Large BGE, 1 Mini Max, Stokers, Adjustable Rig

• chill243
    chill243 Posts: 131
    Options
    Oh wow!! What temp did you take the egg up to to stir fry?
  • Smoker_Guru
    Smoker_Guru Posts: 372
    Options
    Great looking meal as always Doc. How do like the new lighter?? Looks like it generates a lot of sparks..
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Options
    Only measure for how hot, is good and hot.  RO has been sparky lately, but the LL has a good fan.  It is much better than my low cost heat gun, but that work well too until it died.  Not sure it is any better than a high quality, metal body gun, but they cost just as much.

• Smoker_Guru
    Smoker_Guru Posts: 372
    Options
    Thanks, been thinking about getting one but my EGG is on my screened in Wooden deck and I'm concurned about the sparks. I've been using the BGE electric starter wich is spark free for the most part but there are time I would like to light more than one spot to get a better heat spread. Do you think it sparks as much as using a gas tourch?
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Options
    Never used gas but someone will chime it.  It was the fan that caused the sparks to fly, but they had no substance, meaning these weren't cinders just tiny sparks.  Could you hosed down the deck area just before lighting?

• chad408
    chad408 Posts: 140
    edited April 2012
    Options
    The little sparks that come from lighting with a heat gun or LL are not going to cause your deck to burst in to flames they will be out by the time they hit the screen or deck. Its like as if you were holding a lighter the the deck or a mapp torch because only a mapp torch would light a deck on fire.
    Thanks, been thinking about getting one but my EGG is on my screened in Wooden deck and I'm concurned about the sparks. I've been using the BGE electric starter wich is spark free for the most part but there are time I would like to light more than one spot to get a better heat spread. Do you think it sparks as much as using a gas tourch?

• Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options
    Cooking oil and a napkin. Fastest way to light I have found. Mine too is on a screened in wood porch. Works like a charm.
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013