Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

What's your occupation?

Comments

• MrCookingNurseMrCookingNurse Posts: 4,142
    I unclog arteries after too much egging. Cath lab nurse in interventional radiology

LBGE & SBGE (big momma and pat)
    ·
  • See you soon Mr. Cooking Nurse.

·
  • EggdamEggdam Posts: 217
    Electrician here
    ·
  • Mole351Mole351 Posts: 110
    Accounting/finance manager for a publicly traded company. Not overly exciting but I enjoy it.

Husband, father, and wannabe rock star/ guitar player.

@navyav8tr - my wife works at fleet and family as a counselor ... we too are in Virginia beach. Actually just had a going away dinner for a pilot friend of ours last night who's headed to San Diego next week.
    ·
  • eggoeggo Posts: 435
    Sales Rep for Ronnie Watkins Ford. 
    In Gadsden maybe?
    Eggo in N. MS
    ·
  • MayberryMayberry Posts: 466
    Financial Advisor/Planner in Athens, GA

My Lg BGE and my mountain bike are therapy from living the "Corporate Dream" on a daily basis.
    Athens, GA
    ·
  • Looks like I'm the first one to admit to being a lawyer. Worse yet, I'm a Special Assets / workout officer handling high risk commercial loans for a bank. It's been a busy last few years . . .but it's definitely slowing down.
    ·
  • troutgeektroutgeek Posts: 456
    Database / Data Warehouse architect -- consultant.
    Large BGE - Small BGE - Traeger Lil' Tex Elite - Weber 22.5" One-Touch - Weber Smokey Joe
    ·
  • Cotto202Cotto202 Posts: 2
    Police Officer south Cook County (Chicago)
    ·
  • Ha- slobber dog. Been on the other side of your type (not pleasant) but we all smoked the peace pipe at the end. I can honestly say, as hardass as it was, I totally understand your important role in what you do for your clients. I just threw up a little writing that but ......gulp .......it's true.

·
  • Scott805Scott805 Posts: 175
    oil and gas

Large BGE, 2 Tier Adjustable Swing Rack System, three (3) bricks from Home Depot for raised direct - Finally have a decent table!

Dallas, TX

·
  • brownbwbrownbw Posts: 111
    Student advisor, and other various roles at Auburn University. And PhD student.
    Auburn, AL
    ·
  • Pre April 10th it was transition credit bureau. But got laid off since they mover the whole credit bureau branch to Guatemala...so now I'm just a full time grad student
    ·
  • chill243chill243 Posts: 127
    Office admin. (that's a stretch).  Son is graduating in finance, great kid, anyone know of any jobs for him??  Eventually wants to be a hedge fund manager!!!!!! He will start at ground zero.  tx..
    ·
  • YukonBillYukonBill Posts: 23
    Structural (bridge) engineer in Seattle WA.
    ·
  • Oh Seattle, how I do not miss thee lol. I'm originally from mccleary Washington..came to Colorado for school,now live in Colorado springs
    ·
  • rsmith193rsmith193 Posts: 219
    Director of Education for a trade school in AZ.
    ·
  • MaskedMarvelMaskedMarvel Posts: 1,296
    Great thread.

I graduated and owned my own computer consulting biz for a few years.  Started doing "Sound Reinforcement Engineering" at a local live music joint to keep social.  Got sucked back into bartending during a slam busy night (I did it in college).  Closed my computer company and never looked back.  

Have a beer/wine/liquor question?  I'm your guy.

Work now in a dream restaurant as a server.  Best job of my life.  Can't wait to go back to work every day!

Large BGE -- Greensboro!

·
  • Coalminer in one of the last coalmine in the UK
    lr egg 3x22ins webers pro q smoker
    ·
  • Smoker_GuruSmoker_Guru Posts: 372
    Retired Navy and now a Maintenance Reliability Consultant
    ·
  • brianwdmnbrianwdmn Posts: 364
    I sell logistics services to healthcare companies.
    Marietta, East Cobb, GA
    ·
  • I tell my grandmother I play the piano in a whore-house. I don't want her to find out I work for the government.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Johnson, Navin R... Sounds like a typical bastard.

Belmont, NC

·
  • SamFerriseSamFerrise Posts: 544
    Retired Mechanical Engineer

Simple ingredients, amazing results!
    ·
  • cortguitarmancortguitarman Posts: 2,024
    Lots of engineers here. Still holding on as the only school teacher.
    Mark Annville, PA
    ·
  • BrisketBobBrisketBob Posts: 124
    Trial lawyer for oil and gas companies. People ask me why I never play poker for money. My response is that I only gamble with other people's money!
    ·
  • GezrGezr Posts: 153
    Retired professor. Currently trying to stay one step ahead of the law.
    If you don't think too good, don't think too much.

Afton, VA
    ·
  • BuckdodgerBuckdodger Posts: 909
    Retired in Dec 1997 from Lucent Tech, aka, A T & T, aka, Western Electric. 37 yrs in material distribution.

Alexander City,Al
    ·
  • tazcrashtazcrash Posts: 1,851
    edited April 2012
    Started selling Toyotas in 1969. Social promotion got me being able to lock and unlock the place.
    Year I was born. My Grandfather was in the car biz and turned down the 1st Toyota dealership in Dallas because "Those little pieces of sh*t will never sell in Texas".....................needless to say he was less than pleased with his decision (as were we all).

Mikey, you are a brave man doing this before the first gas crunch.

Same year I was born also. 
    OK, I'll be honest.  Retired Systems Engineer with IBM.  Started when we wired boards on the old accounting machines, so I saw the entire computer industry grow to what it was 5 years ago.

When the PC was announced, customers asked me about it.   I said it was a toy and would never amount to much.  

:))
    LOL, you weren't alone thinking they didn't have a future. 
    I'm working on the application side of a t-rex now. Both old school MVS, and Java.
    Talk about times changing. When I started at the company I work for back in 87, one bragging right they had was they housed just over a gigabyte of data. 
    I have that much in tv shows on my DVR now!
    Bx - > NJ ->TX!!! 
    All to get cheaper brisket! 
    ·
  • TarHeelBBQTarHeelBBQ Posts: 317

I am a BBQ salesman for SC, NC, VA, WV, and TX.

Take a look at our website.  It's wonderful BBQ cooked over live charcoal every night.

www.brookwoodfarms.com

Thanks!!

TarHeelBBQ

·
  • Supervisor for Meat house.
    ·