Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

HighQue grate vs mini vs 9.5 Mini SS cooking grate

Options
frankie482
frankie482 Posts: 263
edited April 2012 in EggHead Forum
For those who have both, what is the difference between the HighQue grate for a Large and the 9.5 Mini SS cooking grate other than 9 inch vs 9.5 inch?

Comments

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Not sure if I am answering this to what you ask. The High Que is at the bottom of the fire box holding the lump and the 9.5 or newer 10 inch is on top holding the food. This is the HighQue
    Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Mickey
    Options
    I think I am am idiot. You are asking if you can use your 9.5 as a High Que. If so, I see no reason you can't. It will raise your fire level a tad.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• frankie482
    frankie482 Posts: 263
    Options
    I thought the BGE mini grate could be used in the Large.

I was wondering if the stainless was about the same gauge on both and what the price difference was.

• Mickey
    Options
    The BGE is more $$$. Just from looking about the same gauge. BUT if you have a 9.5 and got a new 10" and now have an extra............can see no reason not to use in Large (just will raise firebed height). Or use bolts in the old 9.5 to make another raised grill of a different height.