Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Turn off email updates

ChokeOnSmoke
ChokeOnSmoke Posts: 1,942
edited April 2012 in Off Topic
I get an email every time somebody post a response to any topic.  I'm getting tired of deleting them.
Anyone know how to turn them off?  I thought it was in your "Profile" under "Notification Preferences" but I have all my 'email' boxes unchecked.
Packerland, Wisconsin

Comments

• I got the opposite problem, I have email checked and don't get them! I am going to watch your post to see if anyone has an answer, thanks!
  • ChokeOnSmoke
    ...and there is no link that I can see (anywhere on the website) to report a problem.  I guess the "Forum Feedback" is where they want issues like this to go?
    Packerland, Wisconsin

• ChokeOnSmoke
    Nope, it doesn't matter if I post or not.  I get an email every time someone posts on any topic no matter if I post on that topic or not.
    Packerland, Wisconsin

• Mighty_Quinn
    Mighty_Quinn Posts: 1,878
    Wow, that sounds annoying choke. Good thing this isn't a super active forum.....that would really suck!
  • tazcrash
    tazcrash Posts: 1,852
    edited April 2012
    @ChokeOnSmoke: Did you try a bad email address in your profile? 
    n

Bx - > NJ ->TX!!! 
    All to get cheaper brisket! 
  • ChokeOnSmoke
    @ChokeOnSmoke: Did you try a bad email address in your profile? 

Sounded like a good idea, just tried it.  It stopped the email from coming but then I wasn't able to post to the forum any more!  A valid email is required to use the forum.
    Packerland, Wisconsin

• @ChokeOnSmoke: Did you try a bad email address in your profile? 

Sounded like a good idea, just tried it.  It stopped the email from coming but then I wasn't able to post to the forum any more!  A valid email is required to use the forum.
    setup up a junk mailbox with hotmail or gmail and let it go there. Never check it on you are done. don't add any contacts to that account so if it gets hacked, it's a dead end and they can't use you for spamming your contacts
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • JEC23
    JEC23 Posts: 131
    Here you go.  Click on your name just below the profile section at the top of the page.  Once in your profile click on the notifications link just below you avatar, once in to the notifications section click on the "edit my profile link" in the right hand corner, then on the left hand side click the "notifications preferences" link, from there make sure there are no unwanted email notifications ticked, once your done hit the "Save preferences" button and your done
  • ChokeOnSmoke
    Here you go.  Click on your name just below the profile section at the top of the page.  Once in your profile click on the notifications link just below you avatar, once in to the notifications section click on the "edit my profile link" in the right hand corner, then on the left hand side click the "notifications preferences" link, from there make sure there are no unwanted email notifications ticked, once your done hit the "Save preferences" button and your done
    All my email checkboxes are unchecked.  Doesn't stop emails.
    Packerland, Wisconsin

• eggo
    eggo Posts: 492
    Have you tried logging off and back on? Sometimes that will cure glitches.
    Eggo in N. MS
  • ChokeOnSmoke
    Have you tried logging off and back on? Sometimes that will cure glitches.
    Thanks for the suggestion, tried that, no change.
    Packerland, Wisconsin

• ChokeOnSmoke

setup up a junk mailbox with hotmail or gmail and let it go there. Never check it on you are done. don't add any contacts to that account so if it gets hacked, it's a dead end and they can't use you for spamming your contacts
    I'm sure that would take care of it but still hoping "those in charge" of the forum will fix this for me.
    Packerland, Wisconsin

• ChokeOnSmoke
    Did you send them an email?
    Yup, yesterday. When I changed my email I received a response from someone at biggreenegg.  I replied to them and told them about the issue, no response yet.

Packerland, Wisconsin