Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
National BBQ Month sure was tasty! We hope you got to try just as many new BBQ recipes as we did and some old favorites as well. If not, you can find all our BBQ recipes here and try them out all summer long. One of our favorites was Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise and Ted Reader’s Rum Injected Sweet Potatoes. As the weather’s heating up, use your EGG for a cool treat-Ice Cream Sandwiches! Keep an eye out for some Father’s Day recipes from chefs & their dads, coming soon!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Brine Suggestions and Injection Solutions

Hungry in LilburnHungry in Lilburn Posts: 756
edited April 2012 in EggHead Forum
Well, being a Alton Brown fan I am intrigued with brining my next butt. Maybe even brine a brisket? Chicken? So what do you like to brine with? I need some suggestions for brine solutions, And I want to try some injection solutions as well Please share, thanks in a advance!
·

Comments

• EggbertsdadEggbertsdad Posts: 794
    For poultry I like Emeril's brine. 

• 1 cup salt
    • 1 cup brown sugar
    • oranges, quartered
    • 2 lemons, quartered
    • 6 sprigs thyme
    • 4 sprigs rosemary
    To make the brining solution, dissolve the salt and sugar in 2 gallons of cold water in a nonreactive container (such as a clean bucket or large stockpot, or a clean, heavy-duty, food grade plastic storage bag). Add the oranges, lemons, thyme, and rosemary

I'm doing something similar with a pork loin tomorrow but using apple juice instead of lemons and oranges.
    Sarasota, FL via Boynton Beach, FL, via Sarasota, FL, via Charleston, SC, via The Outer Banks, via God's Country (East TN on Ft. Loudon Lake)
    ·
  • Thanks, I will try this!
    ·
  • balliardiballiardi Posts: 59

Typically overnight in the fridge?

·
  • EggbertsdadEggbertsdad Posts: 794
    Yes. 
    Sarasota, FL via Boynton Beach, FL, via Sarasota, FL, via Charleston, SC, via The Outer Banks, via God's Country (East TN on Ft. Loudon Lake)
    ·