Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

EGG CLEARANCE IN TABLE

jossegge
jossegge Posts: 2
edited March 2012 in EGG Table Forum
HELLO.I HAVE A LARGE EGG AND PLAN ON MAKING A 21 IN HOLE IN MY TABLETOP.LOOKING FOR FINISHED CLEARANC BETWEEN SIDE OF EGG AND TOP WITH HINGE AS CLOSE TO TOP AS POSSIBLE.THNKS

Comments

• bigguy136
    bigguy136 Posts: 1,362

I assume you are looking fo rthe height from the surface the egg sits on to the bottom of the hinge?

BGE says 13" (15" from top shelf to lower shelf and use a 2" paver). I'm building mine at 15.25" (14" + 1.25" paver). I hope that helps?

Big Lake, Minnesota

2X Large BGE, 1 Mini Max, Stokers, Adjustable Rig

• Bmeier
    Bmeier Posts: 16

Does anyone know what height is of the new nest table legs that BGE is selling? I am building my table and need to set the distance of my bottom shelf. I would like to use the new legs for better air circulation.

Thanks!

• twlangan
    twlangan Posts: 307
    bigguy has it. I built mine at 15" from the top of firebricks sitting on my shelf to the top of the table and my hinge rubbed the table top slightly when the lid was opened. You want 15.25" to be safe. I placed the feet between the Egg and firebrick to get the extra clearance - but they needed to be there anyhow since I was getting more heat transfer through the brick to the shelf than I was comfortable with. My hole was cut at 21" and that is fine.
  • Mayberry
    Mayberry Posts: 750
    I measured 15" from the top of the table to the top of the lower shelf. When you add the paver stone, it fits perfectly.

If you're talking about the size of the hole, itself, i didnT want to cut twice, so I measured 10.75" radius, giving me a 21.5" hole. Ten, I sanded edges round and took a tad bit off Te inside of the hole. I have about a 1/2-3/4" gap all around the egg.

Hope this helps.
    Athens, GA
    XL BGE, Large BGE and RecTec590