Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Smoke-N-Smirk!, please help

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Smoke-N-Smirk!:[p]I checked out your awesome setup on the user profiles. Do you have any plans for your set-up that we could follow? If you do, we'd appreciate it. I'd love to put something like that together for mine. Thanks in advance.[p]Regards,
B.A.

Comments

• Smoke-N-Smirk!
    Options
    eggnest2002.jpg
    <p />B.A., Well, sorry to say I do not. I have had multiple requests for plans and actually started to make some. But quickly found due to the way I designed it, the dimensions were absolutely bazaar and made for misleading somebody.
    I basically let the requirements for the egg (from web table plans) and the tile size, set the finished size. (Less tile cutting and waste.) I built everything else to fit them. I’d be glad to help where I can and you’ll find outstanding advice and info. from the folks on this forum. Scheduling has made it hard for me to regularly check the forum, but I’ll check when I can.
    I plan to modify mine this fall. I need to drill a hole for an nice umbrella and would like some sort of paper towel holder. Good lighting will also be installed. It will be fun. Any ideas will be appreciated
    I had a blast building my table. Let us know how yours is going and post some pictures.
    S-N-M![p]

• Smoke-N-Smirk!,[p]Thanks for the update. I am going to spend some time building a sweet setup this fall... too hot in St. Louis right now! Plus, my german shorthair of 9 1/2 years is no longer with us, so I'm sure that I won't hunt as much giving me ample time to devise a setup that will make my eggsperience all the better. I'm not sure if you partake in the suds, but if you do, a bottle opener might be invaluable installed on your unit. Umbrella is a great idea for inclement weather and protection of the egg. It is probably the best time to purchase one now with end of the summer sales. Thanks too for the extra pics. You have inspired me.[p]Regards,
    B.A.

• Smoke-N-Smirk!
    Options
    B.A., Not real big on the suds! But I’ll go for an ice cold J&T any time! Ya just have to sneak it in" Behind the Zion Curtain.!" (Sin tax real steep here.) I’ve been looking for a Hams Beer Bear opener to add to the Nest. S-N-M!

• Goodfella
    Options
    BA - did you ever get your egg built?  I'm also in awe of Smoke-N-Smirk's table and would love to build one.  Question for you Smoke...did you build the entire table from scratch or did you buy the drawers pre-made?  Also, I'm wondering if you have wheels on that baby?  If so, where did you get some sturdy enough?  Thanks much for any input!
  • Gato
    Gato Posts: 766
    Options
    From 2003. Good luck
    Geaux Tigers!!!