Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Meatloaf

Eggdam
Eggdam Posts: 223
edited April 2012 in EggHead Forum
Found a new use for my veggie work after getting the idea online. Fat can drain and smoke can get in.  I put a dry drip pan underneath started at 225 with some hickory and bumped it up to 300 dome just under 3 hours.  Turn out very well and had a great smoke ring.  I think I'm going to enjoy this egging.  I just wish my egg mates would get here so I can stop rolling my egg over to the window ledge to hold my maverick.

Comments

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,432
    The Cast-Iron grate, flat side up, works great for holding up a meatloaf too.

Care to share your recipe?  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• Eggdam
    Got It from the nakd whiz book. I smoked it abit first thou. It is pg 23

"Meatloaf on the BGE"
  • ChokeOnSmoke
    ChokeOnSmoke Posts: 1,942
    Love meatloaf on the egg.  I throw it straight on the grid (indirect) at 375 until it hits 155 internal (about an hour).
    Packerland, Wisconsin

• UPinSMOKE
    UPinSMOKE Posts: 53
    Smoked meat loaf on the egg is awesome. And if you want a crowd to gather at your workplace break room, just throw a piece in the microwave for about 30-40 seconds and you won't believe who will show up asking "What's that cooking"?  :-)

Cheers!

Pat
  • Eggdam
    Smoked meat loaf on the egg is awesome. And if you want a crowd to gather at your workplace break room, just throw a piece in the microwave for about 30-40 seconds and you won't believe who will show up asking "What's that cooking"?  :-)

Cheers!

Pat
    To funny when I threw my leftovers in the microwave that is exactly what happened.