Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Ru$t on DW

bamafan62bamafan62 Posts: 132
edited April 2012 in Off Topic
Would you recommend applying 3&1 oil to DW for ru$t prevention?

Thank You,
Phil

Comments

• LoggerLogger Posts: 236
    Mine rusted so I dropped it into muratic acid for a couple of hours and then rinsed and let dry.  immediately it started rusting again.  I then brushed it with a wire brush and sprayed Pam on it and put it on my egg at about 600°.  I kept spraying and it came out solid black and seasoned.
    Don't know if muratic acid it the best way to go but, it worked for me.
    OKC area  XL - Medium
  • BrownieBrownie Posts: 1,023
    http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/comment/1171768#Comment_1171768

More good info from address above. good luck.
  • BrownieBrownie Posts: 1,023
    Sorry, I wanted the whole discussion. Be sure to scroll up to the top.
  • Check this out. I posted it a few months ago. (includes pics)

http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1136806/rejuvenated-daisy-wheel#Item_9

"Where the weak grow strong and the strong grow great, Here's to "Down Home," the Old North State!"

Med & XL

• bamafan62bamafan62 Posts: 132
    what great advice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Whoa- metal and muriatic acid do not mix! That smoke you would see is chlorine gas and very deadly. I didn't read the link above but I would not use muriatic acid to clean anything metal.

• Not sure what to do if it is already rusty, but I just stick mine in the egg when I am done cooking and have never had a rust issue.  I suppose the food grease that gets on it while cooking, weather proofs it a bit.