Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for football and tailgating? We are! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. If you need an easy breakfast recipe, these Sticky Buns are the way to go. If you’re looking for a fan favorite with bacon, try these Double Pork Sliders. We can’t wait to kick off another fall full of tasty food!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

jlsmjlsm Posts: 865
edited April 2012 in EggHead Forum
In cleaning out my LBGE for a slow cook a couple of weeks ago, I found these two pieces in the ashes. They are about 1.5 inches long. They look and break like glass. I had a few high-temp cooks, but nothing at 4000 degrees! I also don't think they were in the charcoal (at the time I was using BGE). Any ideas?

Owner of a large and a beloved mini in Philadelphia

• MickeyMickey Posts: 16,523
    They could have been in the BGE.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

• jlsmjlsm Posts: 865
    This was the third time that I had taken everything out and cleaned all the ashes. I doubt I missed them the first two rounds. 
    Owner of a large and a beloved mini in Philadelphia
  • stikestike Posts: 15,597
    was likely in the lump
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • It had to have been in the Lump.