Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Anyone going to egg fest in Austin this weekend?

The Cen-Tex SmokerThe Cen-Tex Smoker Posts: 12,712
edited April 2012 in EggHead Forum
I'll be there fo' sho'

·

Comments

• travisstricktravisstrick Posts: 4,851
    Is it sat or sun?
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
    ·
  • Is it sat or sun?
    Saturday

·
  • travisstricktravisstrick Posts: 4,851
    Im gunna pass on this one. The wife lady has a human growing inside her and we have a ton of stuff to do. By we, I mean me. As in, putting all the crap she baught together. If it was on sun, I will be in atx anyway. SHE has signed US up for Pregger pics.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
    ·
  • Im gunna pass on this one. The wife lady has a human growing inside her and we have a ton of stuff to do. By we, I mean me. As in, putting all the crap she baught together. If it was on sun, I will be in atx anyway. SHE has signed US up for Pregger pics.
    Dude, you are living the dream right now :)

Mine are 17 and 13 and there will be no more pregger pics unless something goes horribly wrong.

·
  • TxAg93TxAg93 Posts: 124
    I'm going to try to make it.
    ·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,468
    Now at 90% sure will be doing grandfather stuff in Frisco (so I am told by wife).
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • Now at 90% sure will be doing grandfather stuff in Frisco (so I am told by wife).
    Grandfather stuff trumps many things!

·
  • Can wanna-be eggheads go?  If so, I'll send my friends over to check it out. 
    I'm Kristi ~ Live in FL ~ BGE since 2003.
    I write about food & travel on Necessary Indulgences -
    You can find me on Facebook & Instagram, too! 
    ·
    Can wanna-be eggheads go?  If so, I'll send my friends over to check it out. 

Yes, that is what it is for. And why didn't you send them to mine in Salado?
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
    Absolutely

·

Yes, that is what it is for. And why didn't you send them to mine in Salado?
    Honestly, I didn't know they were only an hour away from Salado. Bummer, they would have enjoyed that one too.  
    I'm Kristi ~ Live in FL ~ BGE since 2003.
    I write about food & travel on Necessary Indulgences -
    You can find me on Facebook & Instagram, too! 
    ·
  • Would love to..but have to work...you guys be safe and have a great fellowship.
    ·
  • SneezixSneezix Posts: 40
    I'll be there, cookin'.

·
  • I'll be there, cookin'.

cool. Think I will too. Just got the sign up sheet from BBQ Outfitters

·
  • Village IdiotVillage Idiot Posts: 6,951
    Unfortunately not.  The Iguana Grill is an awesome place for an Eggfest.  I enjoyed the one in 2010 very much.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

·
  • Plus I live 3 minutes away :).

·
    Plus I live 3 minutes away :).
    That's what I like about Salado. I can walk to it in a couple of mins.....

·
  • Of course you can walk almost anywhere in Salado in a few minutes :).

·
  • Village IdiotVillage Idiot Posts: 6,951
    I think they might have a better showing if they had posted a list of who is coming.  I'm thinking we'll go to Athens, if the wife is up to it.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

·
    I wish I could play with you guys. But I am told I am needed in Frisco to entertain a 9 and 11 year old.

·
    Just found out I am not needed for grandfather duties. Will be in Austin for the fest.

·
  • Just found out I am not needed for grandfather duties. Will be in Austin for the fest.
    Cool. Can't wait to meet you. Do you want to cook or just coming to hang out? They have room for a few teams but I haven't decided yet. Might just want to check it out this time.

·

I thought we met in Salado. You are Travis :ar!

·
    =))  sorry, joke.....

·
    Kidding aside. You didn't come to Salado?

·

I am having lunch with Travis Friday, will see if I can do any arm twisting to get him to come. Anybody close and would like lunch Friday give me a shout.

·
  • Kidding aside. You didn't come to Salado?
    Nah. I just started getting involved with community a few weeks ago when I joined this. I've been doing all this on an island for 7 years

·

Look for me. I am old, short, over weight ---- NO, that's Gary (VI).  I can say that because I love the guy.

That is me.......... Austin will have for the norm +400 so here is my number 254.289.1877 please call me so we can find each other. I am signed up to cook.

·
  • Awesome. I'll look you up.

·
  • Man, I wish I would have seen this post about two weeks ago... I have a fishing tourney this Saturday that is really important, but if I would have known I would have not prepaid and just missed it to make it to my first EggFest.  I love my Egg and I would love to see how other people cook to get ideas.  I already spend my lunch hours planing my next cook on the forum.

I should make the next one though.
    ·